FHI 360 JOB VACANCIES 2020
Position Title: Data Entry Consultant for Covid-19
The USAID-funded project, Linkages Across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES), under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program is implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Pact, IntraHealth International and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and conducts a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations (KP) — sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs — and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. LINKAGES will accelerate the ability of governments, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV. The key elements of the FHI 360-led team’s strategic and technical approach are:
- Identifying key populations and locales and comprehensively assessing risk,
- Diagnosing “leaks” and revealing access barriers within the HIV services cascade,
- Scaling up “what works” while innovating to ensure the most strategic use of resources and access to newly emerging technologies,
- Addressing structural barriers and transforming local KP organizations,
- Ensuring interventions are sustainable over the long term, and
- Supporting the mainstreaming of human rights, gender and competency and capacity development.
The LINKAGES Data Entry Consultant will provide support and assistance to Jakarta Privincial Health Ofice (PHO), 5 District Health Offices (DHOs), and to the LINKAGES technical team on COVID-19 reporting and recording implementation in Jakarta. S/he will coordinate with the FHI360 M&E/SI Unit and COVID-19 Team to provide critical data management support. S/he will be responsible particularly for COVID-19 data entry. S/he will ensure that all COVID-19 data are handled, record and report efficiently and on time.
The position will be based in the Jakarta PHO/DHO offices, hospitals, PUSKESMAS and COVID-19 referral laboratory in the Jakarta area (which will be determined later by The Jakarta PHO). Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to the Jakarta PHO and DHOs staff, and LINKAGES COVID-19 program staff/team particularly for data input at PHO/DHO offices, hospitals, PUSKESMAS and COVID-19 referral laboratory in the Jakarta area (which will be determined later by The Jakarta PHO).
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive electronic and paper data filing system.
- Ensure that the data entered is in accordance with the physical documents applicable to the patient as well as supporting documents at each level.
- Collect and verify COVID-19 data sent by Puskesmas and hospitals in Jakarta. If necessary conduct a field visit to the Puskesmas and hospitals in order to collect and verify the data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Final year student or bachelor’s degree in public health or related field.
- Preferably 1 year’s relevant experience in data manajemen (data entry and data).
- Working knowledge of office software, including Word, PowerPoint, and mastering Excel well (particularly with pivot table) and other quantitative data processing software.
- Must be well organized, self-starter with attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills and good command in both written and spoken Bahasa Indonesian. Good English skills desired.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations and COVID-19 affected people in Indonesia.
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
- Experience of proactively identifying risk, addressing issues and appropriately communicating these to the project staff and country office as needed.
- Able to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Preferably have prior work experience on USAID programs with USAID/PEPFAR funded programs.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Interested candidate please submit your application letter and CV to email@example.com by the latest 20th September 2020. Please put position title “Data Entry Consultant for Covid-19” as e-mail subject.