IDLO – International Development Law Organization Job Vacancies 2020
- Location: Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Grade: Band B – Technical Functional Supervisory Management – Senior level
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Legal – International Law
- International Relations
- Closing Date: 2020-09-22
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
The Country Manager reports to the Regional Program Manager working in close coordination with the Director of Programs on strategic/representational issues.
The Country Manager establishes the basis for IDLO’s presence at the country level through identification of opportunities, securing of program resources, developing compelling programs and providing consistently high-quality execution that distinguishes the organization. The Country Manager assumes overall responsibility and accountability for, and coordination of, the operational and programmatic activities of IDLO in country. The Country Manager has delegated financial authority, approval authority for the delivery of projects and services, authority to act as external representative on IDLO’s behalf and management and internal controls responsibilities.
The Country Manager represents IDLO with Partners, IDLO Headquarters staff and Government officials, technical advisors and experts, donors and civil society. She/he will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia with expected travels across the country and may be required to travel to other locations as determined by the supervisor/organization.
Under the direct supervision of the IDLO Regional Program Manager (RPM), Asia, and in close cooperation with the Program Coordinator based at Headquarters, Rome and other relevant colleagues, the Country Manager shall perform the following duties:
- Responsible for the overall management of the program, ensuring effective, efficient, results-based and timely delivery of activities and results:
- Oversee the implementation of the program’s work plan, analyze and anticipate delays and challenges, proposing adjustments as required;
- Oversee the local financial management of the program, review the program’s financial reporting and budget forecasts;
- Expedite program implementation through discussions and correspondence with technical, substantive, and project personnel, ensuring HQ support, including undertaking field visits and analysis of periodic program progress reports;
- Provide technical support and supervision to ensure compliance with IDLO’s quality standards throughout the implementation of program activities;
- Supervise the preparation of timely donor narrative reports in collaboration with the relevant Program Manager at the Country Office level and in consultation with the Program Coordinator at IDLO Headquarters;
- Ensure that key achievements and results within the Country Office are promptly brought to the attention of relevant IDLO stakeholders.
- Lead the development of the Country Strategy, in line with IDLO’s global programmatic priorities:
- In coordination with the Regional Program Manager, lead in the development of the country strategy, sharing accountability with the RPM for key performance indicators ensuring that these are aligned to the strategic priorities of the organization.
- Lead Program Development:
- Identify new program opportunities and develop team capacity to delivery and promote program development;
- Liaise with external stakeholders and donors to maintain or enhance existing relationships to the benefit of the Organization, as well as to actively participate in advancing new donor and stakeholder partnerships;
- Oversee the design of implementation plans within designated area by means of standardized program cycle management tools, logic models and frameworks, work plans, monitoring reports, and others.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the IDLO Indonesia Country Office:
- Effectively lead the team by providing clear direction, addressing staff development, and implementing performance management through ongoing dialogue, feedback, and mentoring; motivate and support the team with a view to fostering a teamwork approach in meeting objectives and goals; address possible conflicts in a positive and constructive manner; encourage initiative and maintain effective working relationships within a multi-cultural setting;
- In coordination with the supervisor and Human Resources, develop a Country Office staffing plan and support in the recruitment and selection of selected employees;
- Oversee the monitoring of contracts, responsible for providing recommendations on extensions/promotions/terminations and other amendments to relevant contracts;
- Monitor the program implementation environment, including security, political, development and personnel issues that may affect implementation of IDLO projects;
- Chairs the in-country Security Management Team and in coordination with IDLO’s Security Adviser, record issues and risks and guide necessary responses of the program to changes in the political and security situation.
- Represent IDLO before senior government officials, the donor and international community and other external and internal stakeholders as appropriate:
- Represent IDLO in internal and external meetings ensuring that project achievements are shared to position IDLO as a partner in the work of development in the area of rule of law;
- Coordinate program and organizational activities with the Indonesian Government and other stakeholders and donors.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Experience
- Advanced university degree in international development, law, public administration, business administration, public policy or other relevant social sciences;
- Minimum 10 (ten) years of relevant professional experience, designing and implementing complex programs within an international organization in the areas of Rule of Law, Governance, Justice sector reform, Gender or Human rights;
- Demonstrated experience in leadership role and proven track record in program management, program administration preferably in the rule of law sector;
- Program management experience in Governance, Human Rights or Justice sector in Indonesia and in the region is highly desirable;
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia would be an advantage.
Specific knowledge, skills and behavioral competencies
- Familiarity with standard program and data management tools, as well as results-based management and monitoring and evaluation principles;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient use and good knowledge of standard ICT software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet software;
- Works well with others and actively participates; ability to motivate others to become involved in team activities;
- Provides constructive feedback and works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries;
- Acts as a role model and offers guidance to colleagues; takes initiative to share knowledge, experiences and information with others;
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The successful candidate will receive an Affiliate contract for an initial period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension, depending on satisfactory performance and continued funding availability.
For this internationally recruited position, IDLO shall offer a monthly basic salary of USD 7,900 and an additional benefits package including medical and mission insurance, leave entitlements, and, if applicable, installation and relocation allowance.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.