International Organization for Migration Job Vacancies 2020
- Reference No: SVN/ID10/2020/039
- Position Title: Temporary Human Resources Assistant I
- Duty Station: Jakarta
- Organization Unit: Human Resources
- Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G-4
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term contract for 4.5 months, (the whole period of initial contract shall be considered as probation period)
- Report to: National Human Resources Officer (NHRO)
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 23 September 2020
Under the direct supervision of the NHRO and overall supervision of Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO), the incumbent will provide assistance in human resources activities for IOM Mission in Indonesia. S/he will be working in close coordination with all DRM and projects/ operational units and other staffs in the mission.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide assistance in recruitment process of national staffs for Jakarta and sub-offices: post the vacancy notice, keep and save all the applications letter in HR folders, do the long-listing and submit the long-listed application to the concerned unit; arrange interviews of candidates and written test, if any; assist to carry out reference checks for short-listed candidates; arrange for security training/briefing and medical examination for incoming staff.
- Process contract extensions and personal actions for national/on-call staff, consultants and interns and provide back up in preparing contract and personal actions for new hires. Input, update and maintain the data in PRISM related to the contract extensions and PO creation for consultants/interns; monitor national staff contract status and entitlements (including to ensure the corresponding upgrades and salary increments)., Assist in the distribution of national staff contract documents in Jakarta office, and if needed, for the sub-offices.
- Keep record of activities performed by the Human Resources unit, classify materials for filing and coordinate with the colleagues in the unit. Create and maintain personnel files (contracts, Personnel Actions (PAs), personal data, supporting documents, etc) of national staff, consultants/interns (Jakarta office) and all international staff in the mission.
- Keep track on national staff attendance, leave and working hour records in Sub-offices. If needed, coordinate with Administrative and HR Assistant I to keep track on the staff records in Jakarta.
- Maintain and update Staff Database, prepare Staff Count weekly and monthly report and UN Quarter List.
- Prepare and distribute IOM Official ID card for all staff in Jakarta and sub-offices.
- Coordinate with HCPU Manila the Medical Service Plan (MSP) application, participation and claim administration by forwarding to them all relevant documents.
- Prepare the personnel action for authorized MSP admission, maintain record and update the Medical Service Plan (MSP) & Compensation Plan (CP) participation list in monthly basis and prepare monthly report to be submitted to Health Claim Processing (HCP) in Manila.
- Facilitate national staff MSP reimbursement and claim that authorized by HCPU, including prepare and submit the payment request to Finance Unit for the reimbursement and process hospital direct payment approval and administration as well as ensure that the payment is carried out on the current month.
- Coordinate with other HR colleagues the handling of national staff entry, annual and exit medical examinations.
- Prepare supporting documents for payroll processing for National Staffs
- Provide back up to track Travel Authorizations (TA) by assigning a unique number to the TAs submitted by all staff members in the mission (Jakarta and sub-offices).
- Provide support and assistance in arranging staff training and learning events at IOM Mission in Indonesia
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree from an accredited academic institution in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting or alternatively with minimum two years experiences in Human Resources and Administration.
- Completed minimum High School degree with at least four years relevant work experience as above.
- Indonesian National with good knowledge of, and experience in human resources and administration.
- Previous experience in an administration and recruitment unit at an international organization is an advantage.
- Proficient in computer applications; Experience working with SAP, Database or other HRIS software an advantage.
- A combined knowledge in office and human resources administration.
Languages Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
Required Competencies The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Other Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances. IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link: CLICK HERE
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2020/039) as subject. The deadline for applications is 23 September 2020. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered