WORLD AGROFORESTRY JOB VACANCIES 2020
About our organization
The World Agroforestry (also known as ICRAF) in Southeast Asia is the region’s leading agroforestry research-in-development organization which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
About the position
Under guidance and supervision of the RFCSM, the IT Administrator is the focal point to provide IT services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of IT support. The IT Administrator promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Indonesia and SEA regional Offices. The IT Administrator works in close collaboration with other MSU team members, functional unit, projects’ staff and Knowledge and Information Management Officer to exchange information and ensure consistent and timely service delivery.
For a detailed Job Description please visit IT Administrator
- Minimum education bachelor’s degree (S-1) in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- The job holder should have minimum of 2 years as Help Desk staff or any IT related position.
- Experience setup and maintenance of LAN.
- Have shell scripting skill VB-script, bash and PHP skills (or be a fast learner).
- Have programming knowledge and experience of database development valued.
- Be resilient, friendly and enthusiastic about Open Source.
- Knowledge on Agresso system will be an advantage.
- Strong computer skills in in the use of computers and office software packages (i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access).
- Strong administrative and documentation skills.
- Strong character, multitasking person who is able to work under pressure.
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines, good understanding of time management.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-cultural teams.
- Good knowledge of communication (Indonesian and English).
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This is a temporary position and will initially be for a period of 6 (six) months, renewable subject to assessment of performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of resources.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations.
- Detail curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.
All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Unit, World Agroforestry (ICRAF) Southeast Asia Regional Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and should indicate “Application for IT Administrator” on their application letters and email submissions.
Applications will be considered until 11 September 2020 or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.