ASHOKA JOB VACANCIES 2020
- Ashoka – Community Manager – Planet & Climate
- Located in Bengaluru, India or Jakarta, Indonesia
Ashoka is mobilizing the strength of its community on climate action through an initiative called Next Now/Planet & Climate. We connect unlikely allies around shared visions of the future that bring people and the planet to a new equilibrium.
We are currently looking for a Global Community Manager, based in South East Asia, to make this a reality. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial track record, who is committed to the good of all and building an Everyone a Changemaker world.
- Work closely with the Next Now/Planet & Climate Field Leaders to deliver engagement activities throughout the year for Fellows and other network members working in the field (e.g. a series of workshops/group conversations facilitated by a field leader)
- Be the primary point of contact for Fellows and other members engaged with / interested in engaging with the wider Next Now/Planet & Climate work. Managing communications with Fellows, partners, supporters – sharing updates on opportunities in the field and Ashoka’s work; connecting individuals within the community; keeping up to date with Fellows’ work.
- External communications as relevant to the community (e.g. creating communications outputs from events to share on social media or medium)
- Manage Ashoka’s participation in the Climate KIC Central and Eastern Europe Climate Changemakers Innovation Lab, from September to December 2020, through the following tasks:
- Organize 6 webinars for the lab participants, with Ashoka Fellows as main guests
- Organize kick-off and final whole Lab community digital events
- Pilot communication and engagement tools with the lab participants, which may be replicated with Fellows and other exceptional changemakers as part of Next Now/Planet & Climate future activities
- Ensure narrative and financial reporting to donor
- Nurture relationships with Climate KIC staff as potential jiujitsu partner for Next Now and identify/ invite also other potential partners as lab participants
Required Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Entrepreneurial track record – experience in creating ideas or building teams; founded or set up your own organization/team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in the social entrepreneurship and/or environmental fields
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite & Salesforce
- Project & relationship management experience
- Detail orientation
- Ability to work autonomously
- This is a global role for someone ideally located in Singapore, the Philippines, or Indonesia.
- Please help us understand your entrepreneurial track record through your cover letter.
- Time commitment: Full-time requirement (40 hours per week)
- Compensation: Competitive, determined based on experience, education, and location
- Location: Bengaluru or Jakarta
- Posting Date: 27 August 2020
- Closing Date: 14 September 2020
- Start Date: As soon as possible
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE