CHEMONICS INTERNATIONAL JOB VACANCIES 2020
District Technical Officer
- JOB TITLE: District Technical Officer (1 position)
- JOB LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
- REPORTS TO: Senior TB Manager
- PROJECT: United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Indonesia
The USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement & Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) is being implemented by Chemonics International. The focus of the project in Indonesia is to provide technical assistance in supply chain management to the Ministry of Health for HIV, TB, and laboratory commodities, in support of the national HIV/AIDS and TB programs in the country. At the national level, the project supports the Directorate of Direct Infectious Disease Control (Sub-directorates HIV/AIDS and TB), the Directorate of Quality and Health Services Accreditation (Laboratory services), and the Directorate of Public Medicine and Health Supplies. At the provincial level, the project provides support to Jakarta and Papua provinces.
The District Technical Officer will be responsible for providing support in:
- Establishing TB specimen transportation system,
- Strengthening supply chain management system,
- Monitoring (collecting and analyzing) key laboratory data for diagnostics and logistic data from the Health Care Facilities for DPPM network in TB Private Sector intervention districts.
This position will collaborate closely with the District Technical Officer of TB Private Sector (TB-PS) and report to Senior TB Manager of the GHSC-PSM Project in Jakarta. This advertisement requires 1 position that will be placed in the selected districts (Gresik).
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Establishing TB specimen transportation system
- Monitor GeneXpert utilization and analyzing Xpert machine capacity in GeneXpert sites in the district.
- In collaboration with TB-PS District Technical Officer, develop specimen transportation network for TB diagnosis according to the Laboratory capacity.
- In collaboration with TB-PS District Technical Officer, provide capacity building for HCF staff in specimen packaging and specimen transportation.
- Ensuring that the information of presumptive TB being tested through specimen transportation system is recorded in the TB information system.
- Ensuring the activity of specimen transportation system work well.
Strengthening supply chain management system,
- Ensure stock for TB logistics (TB drugs and laboratory commodities) are adequate to support health care facilities in DPPM network.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of TB data logistic (TB-13) from private health care to DHO and DHO to PHO through SITB.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of order form from private health care facilities in DPPM network to DHO and DHO to PHO.
- Develop performance report to track timeliness and accuracy of reporting of logistic and laboratory data from health care facilities in DPPM network.
- Assess district situation and create/choose the best FDC delivery system for private sector providers.
- Provide technical assistance to private sector hospitals to ensure that they have access to FDC (training on how to request for drugs and how to report supply level)
- Provide technical assistance to private health care in DPPM network to be able to operate SITB or WiFi TB.
- Provide feedback/recommendations for improving TB laboratory diagnostic and logistics data quality and reliability for health care facilities in DPPM network.
Monitoring (collecting and analyzing) key laboratory data for diagnostics and logistic data from the Health Care Facilities for DPPM network in TB Private Sector intervention districts.
- Monitoring TB laboratory diagnostics and logistics data from health facilities in the DPPM network.
- Maintain an effective recording and reporting system in health care facilities in DPPM network.
- Work closely with the GHSC-PSM M&E Manager to develop project indicators and a monitoring system.
- Foster relationships and communication between relevant government stakeholders, as well as external technical partners.
- Support the GHSC-PSM country team in managing other tasks as and when required.
- Prepare presentations and represent the project as and when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, medical doctors, Pharmacy, logistics or business administration.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in health facilities, public health offices, or private sector or health programs (preferred) in TB highly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of national TB Program’s objectives, challenges and strategies to achieve the target from Laboratory, Supply Chain/Logistics, or TB Information System’s perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to provide advocacy and technical assistance to Districts office and health facilities.
- Ability to contribute to capacity building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse settings.
- Ability to work independently and to manage various priorities daily with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point). Experience with database development.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and strong attention to details.
- Good writing and communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION:
The District Technical Officer will be supervised by the GHSC-PSM Senior TB Manager or his/her Designee.
When you are interested in the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please submit your job application consisting of an updated curriculum vitae and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with E-mail subject: District Technical Officer – your name
DEADLINE: September 18th, 2020