EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER JOB VACANCIES 2020
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high-quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work. EDC is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
The Accelerating Work Achievement and Readiness for Employment 3 (AWARE3) aims to prepare Indonesian youth for full engagement in the emerging digital economy. In partnership with USAID and JP Morgan Foundation (JPM), Education Development Center (EDC) implements AWARE3 to strengthen local education systems and private sector engagement (PSE) while nurturing soft and technical skills and assets demanded by high growth industry partners among Indonesian youth. AWARE3 is a two-year program that involves an evidence-based soft skills training program and associated training package for teachers; industry classes (ICs) that immerse students in technical skills training co-designed by educators and private sector representatives across five high-demand industries identified by Jakarta Education Agency; and work-based learning opportunities to advance work readiness of youth.
The Finance and Operations Manager (FOM) will assist the Startup Consultant, Chief of Party, and Country Program Director in supporting all administrative, logistical, financial, and operational duties for AWARE3. This includes managing procurement and records, managing vendors, and assisting in preparations for all training events, including event planning and booking. In addition, the FOM will work closely with an Indonesia financial firm (contractors) as well as the Home Office project management team to update the working budgets, to submit monthly cash flow requests, and to maintain financial processes in accordance with EDC policies and procedures.
This position will report to the HO Project Director and Chief of Party, based in Thailand.
Essential functions include (but not limited to):
- Support EDC’s administrative, logistics, and operations functions for AWARE3 in close coordination with the AWARE3 Chief of Party and the project management team, based in EDC’s US offices;
- Assist with prompt and supportive feedback to inquiries related to sponsors activities;
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees and vendors are vetted according to EDC policies;
- Assist with compliance and adherence to donor and company regulations and procedures;
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting, as needed, to the financial management companies contracted by the AWARE3 project;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial spreadsheets, cash flow forecasts, data entry etc. in accordance with appropriate regulations;
- Support budget revisions and help to maintain a working budget;
- Support and track budget/expenses to ensure proper cash flow;
- Review and oversee requests for quotations, purchase orders submitted by the Country Manager;
- Provide necessary information to the payroll service provider to ensure salaries are processed in accordance with requirements;
- Manage the bank account and prepare monthly bank reconciliations; and
- Provide financial management inputs in design, implementation, and monitoring funded activities, as needed.
General Admin Operations:
- Attend team calls and maintain and share notes/minutes and track action items;
- Maintain documents on shared team SharePoint sites;
- Support the coordination and implementation of virtual training sessions;
- Support the communications and outreach efforts for the project;
- Coordinate with EDC project management to ensure HR regulations are adhered to;
- Maintain procurement, financial and operational files;
- Collaborate with staff in implementing / monitoring program;
- Assist in review and management of monitoring and evaluation tools (i.e. dashboards);
- Handle and coordinate technical and administrative personnel management and procurement functions;
- Prepare and document project reports and records, including inventory records, disposition records, audits, technical and financial reports;
- As needed, organize travel arrangement for staff and manage, document, and reconcile advances in a timely manner;
- Other duties as assigned.
Occasional domestic travel may be required based on project needs. Weekend work may be required
- Bachelor’s degree equivalent with 5-6 years relevant experience, or Master’s degree or equivalent with 3-5 years relevant experience
Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years working experience in administration, operations, or logistics management; 2 – 3 years of experience working in administration or operations management with an International NGO
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, Excel, Quicken, and MS 2000
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesian
- Knowledge of Labor Laws, Tax Laws, and Import Laws will be an asset
- Knowledge of or experience with distance learning/online trainings will be an asset
This is a local hire position and is open to Indonesian citizens and non-citizens with valid work authorization. This is a full-time position for up to 24 months. This position is a Grade 9 level position
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesian is required.
Job closing date: 20th September 2020
Detail Information Click Here