GIZ JOB VACANCIES 2020
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German public-benefit federal enterprise. GIZ works worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas.
Schools are key public institutions where students, staff, and community members come together, interact closely, and share common spaces. Schools provide a setting where the risk of spreading diseases is high. At the same time, schools are institutions where life-long hygiene behaviors are acquired; and which serve as models for parents and communities.
In response to COVID-19, governments across the world have closed schools to reduce the risk of disease transmission. Interruption of attending school has a huge impact on the life of children, families, and communities and ultimately consequences for economies and the entire society. In Indonesia, like in most countries, data on COVID-19 prevalence is incomplete and Ministries of Education need to make decisions in an environment of uncertainty, contradicting scientific studies, and limited knowledge on the role of schools in disease transmission.
The Fit for School Programme of GIZ has supported the Ministry of Education and Culture (MOEC) to improve the status of WASH in Schools (WinS) in Indonesia since 2011. GIZ is supporting the efforts of the Indonesian government for safe re-opening of schools, specifically to support the conditions for personal and environmental hygiene in schools to help MOEC to comply with SDG basic service standards and Global recommendations to prevent COVID-19 transmission.
To join the global movement for safe re-opening of schools GIZ is opening a new position for its Indonesia team. The DeveloPP program of GIZ has been commissioned by the Hygiene and Behavior Change Coalition (HBCC) (Unilever and DFID) to support the government of Indonesia in implementing Pandemic Preparedness and Response (PPR) measures in schools, specifically personal hygiene (handwashing with soap) and environment hygiene (cleaning and surface disinfection).
GIZ is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position: WASH Technical Project Professional for WASH and School Pandemic Preparedness and Response in Schools in Indonesia
Responsibilities, but is not limited to:
The aim of the project is to prepare and equip public schools in Indonesia for the challenges in a pandemic context by guiding systemic improvements in personal, surface, and environmental hygiene. Through the program, the Technical Project Professional will work closely with the GIZ Fit for School – DeveloPPP team to:
- Coordinate all work related to the prefabricated Group Washing Facility ‘WASHaLOT’, its production, logistics, and other related communication with partners and stakeholders
- Ensure quality assurance protocols are in place and complied within the production of the WASHaLOT
- Support development of capacity building materials and conduct of orientation to model schools on the installation and Operation and Maintenance of the WASHaLOTs
In carrying out this role, the Technical Project Professional performs the following major functions:
Coordinate activities specifically to:
- Canvass quality materials needed for the production of the WASHaLOT in Indonesia
- Identify potential producers of the WASHaLOT in Indonesia with the technical and business capacity to produce the WASHaLOT in bulk
- Coordinate WASHaLOT production based on a production guide and ensure quality assurance protocols are being implemented and complied with.
- Support the planning and coordination of the WASHaLOT to be delivered to target schools within Indonesia
- Conduct orientations with model schools on the installation, Operation, and Maintenance of the WASHaLOT.
- Support the development and contextualization of orientation videos for model schools on installation, operation, and maintenance of the WASHaLOT
Contribute to the project team in documentation and writing reports, and support program knowledge management processes and activities.
Support to the deliverables and the and management of short-term consultants contracted by the program, which includes, among others:
- Development and costing of PPR package for students and cleaners
- Production of instructional videos
General Corporate Tasks
Performs other tasks relevant to the job or organizational unit as needed, and participates in external coordination and other corporate, entrepreneurial, or strategy-linked undertakings.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree on civil engineering, manufacturing engineering, water and sanitation engineering, or any related field of engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience
- In-depth knowledge of the local water service providers and manufacturing in Indonesia.
- Good understanding on Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Schools programming.
- Skills / Experience in communicating activities to different stakeholders within the education sector.
- Experience working with the Ministry of Education and other development partner agencies and NGOs
- Basic understanding of the local context in urban and rural school environment
- Working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems, IT-know-how (MSOffice, database program, internet-based teaching and learning technologies, etc.)
- Fluent written and verbal knowledge of English & Bahasa Indonesia
Other Knowledge, Additional Competencies
- Demonstrated organization, entrepreneurial, and management competencies
- Ability to communicate and to relate with people of diverse organizational cultures
- Proven capacity to interact and constructively cooperate with partners in the MOEC and NGO partners and colleagues
- Ability to clearly and amiably present ideas and transmit knowledge in the terms of the recipient/user / partner
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with the supervisor
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Regional Programme Coordinator for Indonesia of the Regional Fit for School Programme
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including trainings and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 21st, 2020 with the subject line PPR – Technical Project Professional.
Please name your file as follow format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified