WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME JOB VACANCIES 2020
Career Opportunities: IT Operations Associate SSA-6 (125261)
To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
Within delegated authority of Head Business Support/IT Operations Officer, the IT Operation Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialized network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyze data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informed decision-making.
- Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and accurate information is provided to staff.
- Provide standard technical training to end-users of commonly used technology and systems, in order to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
- Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to support the capacity building of staff.
- Support the coordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
- Coordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Coordinate a team of IT staff to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met
- Maintain, upgrade, or enhance existing systems and applications including troubleshooting; and provide continuing user support including keeping stocks of spare parts and equipment to support the repair and maintenance of Information Technology and Telecommunications equipment.
- Develop technical specifications needed to facilitate procurement of TC/IT equipment and services at the least cost possible and in line with rules and regulations stipulated in the Non-Food Procurement Manual
- Prepare TC/IT tender documents and carry out technical evaluation of bids and proposals received;
- Identify and test new software and hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; install any technology upgrades as required
- Perform other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of University degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, and relevant field. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Bahasa Indonesia and English
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications should be received no later than Sunday, 27 September 2020
DETAIL INFORMATION & APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE