Red Nose Foundation Job Vacancies 2020
Executive Director Position
Red Nose Foundation is an arts and education outreach organization based in Indonesia’s capital city, Jakarta.
The organization was founded in 2008 and has grown significantly since its creation to become a leading champion in changing young people’s lives.
Red Nose Foundation’s (Red Nose) mission is to support the educational and personal development of children living in underprivileged circumstances, and to promote the empowerment of youth through arts while assisting them to become positive contributors to society. Red Nose strives to be the pioneering force behind creative education rehabilitation.
Red Nose currently works with 350 children offering more than 120 hours of education and arts classes each week. Since 2008, Red Nose Foundation programming has affected over 125,000 children across Indonesia. Red Nose has a full-time team of 20 enthusiastic and hardworking professionals who work every day to further the organization’s mission and improve the lives of the Red Nose children.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Red Nose Foundation. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the organization’s administration, programs, strategic planning, fundraising, marketing, and government relations.The position reports directly to the Board of Directors and works laterally with the Managing Director and the Program Director.
Leadership and Management
- Oversee and maintain organizational direction (vision and mission) through rigorous program evaluations and needs assessments in collaboration with the other members of the leadership team.
- Lead weekly full team coordination & progress meetings, in order to offer support where needed to the various departments.
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, committees, partner organizations, and current and potential donors.
- With the support of the Leadership Team, develop a 3-year strategic plan and refine the vision and goals of the organization.
- Provide regular brief bi-monthly report (programs, organization, financial) to the Board of Directors that includes progress, challenges, and strategic way-forward. The Executive Director is also required to consult the BoD whenever issues that might be vital to RNF’s operations emerges outside of the regular bi-monthly reporting.
Fundraising and Communications
- Responsible to take lead for all of the organization’s fundraising efforts including, but not limited to, sustaining, renewing, and cultivating new and old relationships with individual and corporate donors.
- Organize and implement annual fundraising events, as well as develop new creative fundraising events.
- Expand current revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion plans.
- Directly oversee Communications Assistant/team and support his/her position through creative input, proof reading (English language) and ensure the communications department is working efficiently and effectively.
- Regularly attend networking events and build relationships with current and potential donors (Individuals and Corporates).
Financial Performance and Accountability
- Responsible for presenting annual budgets to the Board for approval.
- Responsible for presenting quarterly budgets to each program specified donor group.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budged, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- A bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant field
- Transparent and high integrity leadership skills
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a senior leadership position, experience in leading a non-profit organization is preferred
- Experience in working with a multicultural community
- Strong sense in mapping potential funding opportunities, marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders through a variety of diverse cultures.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting skills
- Is a good public speaker with the ability to convey Red Nose Foundation’s vision and mission
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English language)
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com with the subject title “Executive Director Application”
Application deadline: 24 September 2020