SAVE THE CHILDREN JOB VACANCIES 2020
Humanitarian Cash and Economic Programming Advisor
The Humanitarian Cash and Economic Programming (CEP) Advisor will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate, timely and high-quality design and implementation of all humanitarian cash and economic support programming across all YSTC responses in Indonesia.
Working closely with other Jakarta-based thematic advisors (e.g. nutrition, shelter, child protection, etc.), as well as field-based staff, the CEP will drive the development of an overall humanitarian cash and economic strengthening country strategy to include (but not limited to) preparedness actions, external coordination and advocacy, as well as a staff capacity building plan.
The CEP will also be heavily involved in nexus programming, where appropriate/necessary – such as supporting shock responsive social protection, economic graduation programming, adolescent skills development programs, and other longer-term economic strengthening interventions.
The CEP will be the main focal point for cash and market-based programming externally, including the national cash working group with a primary objective of ensuring the uptake of global best practice in cash-based programming.
The CEP will also periodically support Save the Children responses globally via international deployments for cash and economic strengthening positions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, rural development, livelihoods, disaster management or comparable field (or equivalent field experience).
- 4+ years of experience working with NGOs, preferably in a humanitarian setting/with humanitarian organisations.
- Experience working on humanitarian or development design and implementation of cash-based (or social protection) programming.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written and strong negotiation skills.
- Honest and motivated.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
- Previous experience in project management, training and capacity building of staff.
- Able to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word etc.)
- Demonstrable understanding of M&E and beneficiary accountability.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in Central Sulawesi.
- Management experience of operational aspects of Cash Transfer Programming preferred.
Location: Jakarta Selatan
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Sep 21, 2020