CHANGE INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
Public Affairs Consultant
This is a consultant/part time position. The length of the contract is 6 months. Working hours are flexible. The staff will work remotely during the pandemic, with the possibility of relocating to Jakarta, Indonesia after the pandemic subsides. The users will be the Projects Director and the Campaigns Manager.
Overview of Role
Change.org provides a free platform for users to start campaigns and mobilize support for social change. However, that is only one side of it. The other side that is as important, is having decision makers use the tool to monitor aspiration, listen to their constituency, and respond to their campaigns.
The main responsibility of the Public Affairs Consultant is to build and maintain relationships with these decision makers, so that they listen and respond to petitions.
The Public Affairs Consultant will help us
- Along with Strategy Team, build a database of strategic decision makers
- Create a plan to engage with decision makers and maintain the relationships
- Help team of campaigners connect important petitions to the relevant decision makers, and solicit a direct response from them
- Help decision makers post a direct response to relevant campaigns using our tools
- Provide advice to campaigns team on how to best design a campaign, with decision makers in mind
The consultant must
- Have more than 5 years experience in communicating with national level decision makers, specifically in the executive and legislative branches
- Have significant network with those decision makers
- Have the capacity to talk directly, or facilitate conversations with decision makers as high as ministers, and parliament members.
- Be result oriented and highly productive even with minimum supervision
- Able to coordinate a team of skilled campaigners
- Have strong writing skills
- Have a general understanding of the socio-political landscape in Indonesia
- Be able to speak and write in English
If you think we’re describing you, and you’re interested in applying, or you know someone who may be interested in, please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 September 2020.