SAVE THE CHILDREN JOB VACANCIES 2020
Gender Specialist – (200004SR)
URGENTLY REQUIRED GENDER SPECIALIST
The Gender Specialist will be responsible to high quality of Save the Children Gender Program in West Sumba by ensuring quality to contribute to the achievements of objectives and results set out in the Project Strategy by leading on the development, coordination, and monitoring of the gender action plan with a priority on ensuring effective local response to gender based violence in communities and primary schools.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Sponsorship Program Manager with dash line to National Gender Specialist in terms of technical management
Staff directly reporting to this post:
This position will be responsible for assuring the quality of Save the Children Gender Programs based on Save the Children global Gender framework as well as lessons learned and good practice of the implementation of Gender project in Indonesia
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Monitor and analyze developments on gender at the district level and align with Save the Children CO strategy
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure clear guidance and standards for program staff and its compliance with Save the Children vision and mission.
- Work within the development team, in Basic Education, community mobilization team and nutrition and health teams, to ensure that a sound gender analysis informs program design and management, and identify strategic actions to be undertaken to improve the quality of program implementation
- Contribute with the quality technical input into the program design, planning and implementation.
- Ensure project staff capacity building program, including training sessions, on-site coaching and monitoring according to the project’s needs and available resources.
- Provide advice on appropriate gender-sensitive indicators in the performance measurement framework and support colleagues in the monitoring and reporting of program results/outputs and objectives against agreed indicators
- Ensure project staff has the technical capacity required to support project implementation activities and effectively monitor project implementation according to technical design.
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure activities are implemented according to project design and provide on – site coaching to project staff and partners.
- Work close with Gender Project Coordinator for the production of regular narrative progress and impact reports in terms of activities, implementation and progress against indicators and outcomes and to provide
- Managers with the necessary information for the production of reports.
- Develop and maintain positive working relations with a wide network of partners, including Government, development partners, and NGOs.
- Contribute to the design and analysis of relevant program studies of gender projects (baseline, end-line, evaluation)
- Contribute to country program development as required (e.g proposal, Country Office strategic planning).
Supporting full spectrum
- Role model and support the development of an organizational culture that reflects our values, our dual mandate and promotes accountability and high performance
Emergency Response Management:
- Be part of project activities, financial and budget management when there is a need to respond to any potential emergencies at all areas
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops, encourages, and documents new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and experience background
- A relevant undergraduate qualification is essential. A post-graduate degree in gender empowerment is highly desirable
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience managing a gender portfolio
- At least five years of work experience with non-government organizations in the areas of education or related field
- At least five years of experience in managing programs with international NGOs.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of gender study and issues
- Understanding of education and child protection
- Proven skills in staff management
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Proven skills in project/programme development and report writing
- Good analytical and conceptual thinking
- Proven skills in capacity building of teams
- Good team facilitator and member
- Willingness to stay in remote location and travel at times in difficult conditions
- A commitment to high quality of work and efficiency
- Low resistance to change
- Concern for detail
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Sep 24, 2020
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE