GIZ Job Vacancies 2020
As a part of Indonesia – German Cooperation in reducing emission from forestry sector as well as improving livelihood of rural communities a project name Peatland Management and Rehabilitation has been implemented. The project aims to develop the planning and implementation capacities to rehabilitate peat ecosystem and mangrove forest in Kayan Sembakung Delta. The module combines policy and capacity development measures. Activities are implemented at the macro-meso and micro levels (pilot measures are used here as well). Policy advice is one area in which close cooperation at National level with the Environment and Forestry Ministry is pursued.
The project expected to deliver the several basic outputs as follows:
- Integrated planning processes for the protection and sustainable management of peat ecosystems and mangrove in Kayan Sembakung Delta Area.
- Improved peat and wetlands ecosystems land use system/practices.
- Results from applied research and documented field experiences will be distributed at local, national and international levels.
GIZ seeks a qualification Indonesia candidate for 1 (one) position of Junior Administrative Professional (Personal Assistant to Principal Advisor)
The position of Junior Administrative Professional (Personal Assistant to Principal Advisor) on Peatland Management and Rehabilitation is aimed to support the project in implementing and achieving its objective with the detail as follows:
- Support and provide administrative services for the Principal Advisor and anything related to the tasks of the Principal Advisor.
- Assists in Knowledge Management services for the Program, specifically in setting up the PROPEAT Document Management System (DMS) and electronic filing system in line with GIZ’s filing rules and social media
- Supports the external relations of the project, especially in electronic communication, social media and the internet
The incumbent performs the following tasks:
Office Coordination and Management
- In cooperation with the Office Manager supports the Principal Advisor in planning, updating and monitoring of Program activities.
- Circulate any information from the Principal Advisor to team.
- Prepares meetings for the Principal Advisor (PowerPoint presentation or translation).
- Assists administrative and logistical arrangements for PROPEAT events, where necessary
- Interprets during meetings, where necessary
- Independently organizes and coordinates the schedule of the Principal Advisor and appointments of visitors where necessary
- Respond to emails from GIZ Headquarters in related topics on behalf of the Principal Advisor, where necessary
- Supports the communication with counterparts on national and local level in regard to requests and support letters
- Support in organizing communication with SNRD Asia and Pacific network
- Support Knowledge Management Officer to set up PROPEAT’s social media presence and assist with the website management and act as the deputy when KMO is absent for publishing on the web site
- Ensuring the information flow from Principal Advisor/Partner/Country Office to the relevant projects staff
- Ensures the implementation of quality in line (QiL) in the project related to administrative responsibilities of Principal Advisor in coordination with Office Manager and Financial Manager
- Under the supervision of the office manager and IKM officer manages documents of the PROPEAT internal server and GIZ DMS and treats information confidentially, specifically in the areas of financial matters.
Secretariat Work and Administration
- Arranges appointments and meetings and manages the personal agenda of the Principal Advisor by granting access to the email of the Principal Advisor and reply email internally
- Prepares correspondence and documentation in German, English and Indonesian, including translation if required, and formulate replies independently after consultation with the Principal Advisor
- Prepares information, materials and other support, including research on project related topics for events or activities on behalf of the Principal Advisor.
- Participates in internal and external (team) meetings and workshops and assists with documenting these, e.g. by taking minutes
- Prepares and follows up on official travels of the Principal Advisor including travel claim
- Makes travel and hotel arrangements for the Principal Advisor
- Updates and briefs the Principal Advisor on his appointments for the week and with coordination with the office manager manages the FORCLIME outlook calendar.
- Makes print-outs, photocopies and scans documents if and when required
- Assists in administrative processes of the project as needed and agreed with the Office Manager
Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the superior
- Contributes actively to a good working climate and team working within the project
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in relevant specialisation and qualification in business administration desirable (equivalent of BA or MBA)
- At least 5 years professional experience in a comparable position.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge in English is a MUST
- Knowledge in German will be preferable
- Very good working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Experience in the use of social media and internet
- Broad experience of office management and administration
- General overview of forestry and climate change issues
- Willingness to acquire new knowledge as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with the Principal Advisor
Duty Station: Samarinda (East Kalimantan)
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 02nd October, 2020.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: PROPEAT – PA.
Please name your file as follow format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.