ICLEI INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
ICLEI Indonesia is in need of a Project Assistant to assist in the implementation of Urban-LEDS II activities in Indonesia including coordination work with cities, national ministries, and other relevant stakeholders. Specifically, Project Assistant will work closely with the Urban-LEDS II Model Cities (Bogor and Balikpapan) as well as Satellite Cities (Kabupaten Bogor, South Tangerang, Tarakan, Bontang) to achieve project deliverables.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Project Officer from ICLEI IO and Regional Project Coordinator from ICLEI SEAS in implementing Urban-LEDS II project activities.
- Provide administrative, logistical, and technical support in the organization of events, meetings, and workshops, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of Urban-LEDS II quarterly progress reports in English as required by ICLEI Southeast Asia and ICLEI World Secretariat.
- Assist in the updating of Indonesia’s country profile, city profiles, CDP-ICLEI Unified Reporting System, proceeding, minute of meeting and other requirements as the need arises.
- Assist in conducting research on institutional landscape and multi-level governance approach towards low emission urban development in Indonesia.
- Assist in generating communication materials, website content, and articles for the project newsletter, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of pilot/demonstration projects in both model and satellite cities.
- Provide assistance on the conduct of vertical integration activities in coordination with national ministries (e.g. the ICER pilot project in partnership with MoEF).
- Provide translation and interpreting support of Indonesian language materials to English and vice versa.
- Participate in Urban-LEDS II project team calls and other face-to-face meetings with other ICLEI offices, as the need arises.
- Prepare official communications for cities and national governments including relevant follow-up and coordination as required by the Urban-LEDS II project
- Participate in meetings and dialogues with the national government and other key stakeholders.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Energy, Development Studies, Community Development, Public Policy, Social Science or other related fields. Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Indonesian nationality.
- At least two years of relevant experience in project management/implementation, stakeholder engagement, strategic planning and event arrangement.
- Knowledge in local development planning with a focus on policy development, climate action planning, energy and transport, and other related topics.
- Experience in local development planning with a particular focus on policy development, climate action planning, greenhouse gas inventory, and low emission development.
- Previous experience in development work or related work for donor organizations, government institutions, NGOs, private sector/consulting firms is a strong advantage.
- Experience in project management, capacity building programs; stakeholder engagement; strategic planning, and event coordination is an advantage.
- Knowledge in local development planning with a focus on policy development, climate action planning, energy and transport and other related topics.
- Excellent command of the English language, both oral and written, is a must.
- Good knowledge of local, provincial, and national government systems in Indonesia is an advantage.
- Good research skills.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent relevant computer and software skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Demonstrate commitment to ICLEI’s vision, mission, and values.
- Strong leadership and organization skills.
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitates and encourages open communication, and strives for effective communication.
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Ability to work under pressure and stay composed and positive even in difficult moments and handles tense situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Conflict Management: Addresses conflicts proactively, striving for mutually acceptable solutions.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a dynamic group in multicultural environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time without compromising both the quality of output/s and project deadlines.
- Creative, motivated, with keen attention to detail and highly organized.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
The project assistant will directly report to ICLEI Indonesia Office Project Officer Rika Lumban Gaol. Main contact person at ICLEI SEAS is Mr. Renz Cerillo, Project Officer.
Interested candidates are requested to apply before not later than Wednesday, 30 September 2020 at 18.00 WIB by sending the following documents through email with subject “PA ULEDS2 – [your name]” to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com.
Cover letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position. Please address the cover letter to:
Yayasan ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability Indonesia
Latest CV and completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form
Access the full Terms of Reference HERE.