CHEMONICS INTERNATIONAL JOB VACANCIES 2020
Jakarta District Program Officer
- JOB TITLE: Jakarta District Program Officer (2 positions)
- JOB LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
- REPORTS TO: Senior HIV/AIDS Manager
- PROJECT: United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Indonesia
The USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement & Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) is being implemented by Chemonics International. The focus of the project in Indonesia is to provide technical assistance in supply chain management to the Ministry of Health for HIV, TB, and laboratory commodities, in support of the national HIV/AIDS and TB programs in the country. At the national level, the project supports the Directorate of Direct Infectious Disease Control (Sub-directorates HIV/AIDS and TB), the Directorate of Quality and Health Services Accreditation (Laboratory services), and the Directorate of Public Medicine and Health Supplies. At the provincial level, the project provides support to Jakarta and Papua provinces.
The District Program Officer will be primarily providing support in collecting and analyzing key logistics data for supply chain management decision making within the District Health Offices (DHO), as well as providing recommendations for improving supply chain operations within the program. This position will report to the Senior HIV/AIDS Manager of the GHSC-PSM Project in Jakarta.
These positions will be located at the one of District Health Offices of DKI Jakarta.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure stock for HIV and TB commodities are adequate to support Jakarta Program Fast Track and PEPFAR target in District.
- Help Jakarta DHO for MDR TB Decentralization Manager.
- Working with Jakarta PHO for Private Health Facilities
- Together with Jakarta Program Manager and PSM HIV Logistics Activity manager to monitor and tracking supply chain for VL testing in Lab Facilities and GenXpert Sites
- Help DHO to tracking and monitor source of VL testing for Jakarta (All VL testing platform and
- Managing stock information and data for HIV and TB commodities in Districts. Help them to prepare necessary document needed for ordering and requisition process.
- Help DHO for order processing of HIV and TB commodities to fulfill the requisition from health facilities
Assist Jakarta DHO to analyze stock availability of ARV in Districts to implement MMD (Multi-Month Dispensing) in PEFPAR Site.
- To support the implementation of optimum regimen and scale-up in Jakarta especially for TLD and TLE400.
- Monitor GenXpert Utilization and Cartridge availability for VL testing in Health Facilities.
- Support Jakarta DHO to plan and quantify HIV and TB drug in Jakarta Province.
- Support DHO in collecting HIV and TB logistics data from all health facilities in the province.
- Work closely with the DHO team of HIV and TB program to follow up and coordinate with district program officers and other stakeholders to ensure the timely submission of logistics data reports.
- Develop a performance report to track timeliness and accuracy of reporting from the DHO.
- Provide feedback/recommendations for improving HIV and TB logistics data quality and reliability.
- Maintain an effective recording and reporting system, and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the availability of accurate and reliable data.
- Work closely with the GHSC-PSM M&E Manager to develop project indicators and a monitoring system.
- Foster relationships and communication between relevant government stakeholders, as well as external technical partners.
- Support the GHSC-PSM country team in managing other tasks as and when required.
- Prepare presentations and represent the project as and when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, pharmacy, ICT, logistics, or business administration.
- Having two years’ experience working with the private sector or health programs (preferred) in TB and/or HIV highly preferred. Fresh Graduated are welcome to apply.
- Understanding Information Technology and any MIS system would be advantage
- Demonstrated understanding of health commodity supply chain concepts.
- Ability to contribute to capacity building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse settings.
- Ability to work independently and to manage various priorities daily with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database, and presentation software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with database development.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and strong attention to details.
- Good writing and communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION:
The District Program Officer will be supervised by the GHSC-PSM Senior HIV/AIDS Manager or his/her Designee.
When you are interested on the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please submit your job application consisting of an updated curriculum vitae and cover letter to: email@example.com with E-mail subject: District Program Officer – your name
DEADLINE: October 2nd, 2020