HIVOS SOUTHEAST ASIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power, and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens, and organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. For its Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
- Title: Finance Assistant
- Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Report to: Finance Controller
- Duration: 8 (eight) months, October 2020 to May 2021
- The Financial Assistant (FA) administers the donor contracts in the Hivos database system and manages the related cash flow and reporting schedules. S/he supports to prepare the financial accounting records and contributes to the overall functioning of the financial system.
- The FA is part of the USAID Create Project. Hence s/he is also linked to USAID Create Project Manager.
- The FA also works closely with the USAID Create Financial Officer which focuses on compliance regarding donor requirements in the process: results, budget, and deployment of contract implementation.
Roles and responsibilities
- Checking all payment vouchers has requisite approvals and backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with Hivos and USAID regulations.
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of all financial transactions.
- Assisting the Finance Officer in reviewing the staff travel liquidations based on Hivos and donor policy.
- Assisting Financial Officer in preparing and coordinating of audit process.
- Assisting the preparation of monthly and annual tax reports related to the project.
Grant administration and closely monitor
- Supporting the Finance Officer in monitoring project budget to ensure fund availability for the project.
- Assisting the project team in preparing the required documents to invoice donors for each milestone.
- Assisting the Finance Officer in carrying out partner organizations’ assessment and capacity building to the partner organizations.
- Supporting the Finance Officer in carrying out expenditure verifications to the partner organizations.
- Maintain ledger for project staff travel advances.
- Ensures back up documentation is uploaded to the relevant system both in USAID and Hivos.
- Maintain finance filling system for the project (both soft and hard files).
- Ensuring project staff timesheets are available monthly.
- Ensuring all office equipment purchased by the project is registered, maintained, and handed over as required by donors.
- Supporting the Hivos office finance team as required.
- Carrying out other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
Knowledge, experiences, and competencies
- Relevant education level of working and thinking.
- Relevant work experience: minimum 3 years.
- Expertise in accounting and working with external customers.
- Work experience in an international environment and financial project management.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues, and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Finance Assistant graded in Grade: 5 – 6 (from 1-14 Hivos’s SEA salary grade).
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than October 2nd, 2020.
Please specify the position name you are applying for FA CREATE in the ‘subject’ line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Opened position for national level / Indonesian nationality.