National Support for Local Investment Climates (NSLIC) / National Support for Enhancing Local and Regional Economic Development (NSELRED)
The National Support for Local Investment Climates (NSLIC) / National Support for Enhancing Local and Regional Economic Development (NSELRED) Project is undertaken in partnership with the Government of Indonesia through the National Planning Agency (BAPPENAS) with the financial support of the Government of Canada provided through Global Affairs Canada (GAC) with capacity building for improving local investment climates and local economic development in selected Districts in 2 Provinces – Southeast Sulawesi and Gorontalo.
NSLIC/NSELRED Project is currently looking “RIF Coordinator”, Jakarta-based.
The primary duty of the RIF Coordinator will be to manage a program for the application of Project Responsive Funds in support of Local and Regional Economic Development (LRED) in selected economic growth centers throughout Indonesia. This role and position are governed by the Project’s Immediate Outcome 1210 of the approved logic model which is, “increased ability of national-level agencies to support equitable, gender-responsive, environmentally sustainable local and regional economic development” and specifically, the Output 1212, “A Responsive Innovation Fund (RIF) developed and implemented for national support to local government programming innovations that support gender-responsive, environmentally sound enterprise development” as outline in the Project’s work breakdown structure.
The responsibilities of the position include: managing the program for the achievement of desired Project Outcomes: the coordination of the provision of technical support services; technical supervision and financial oversight for implemented pilot projects; engagement of National LRED Stakeholders in local economic development; management of Program staff; liaison with National Counterparts; and collaboration with the NSLIC/NSELRED Project Team. The RIF Coordinator reports to the Senior LRED Advisor and the Project Director.
Graduate degree with specialization in local economic development, local governance reform, or other specialties relevant to the position
Work experience (at least 7 years) working in public and private partnerships for local and regional economic development
- Demonstrated knowledge of National Government local economic development priority economic sectors and approaches to stimulate local and regional economic development/growth
- Demonstrated experience in managing a program involving the allocation of block grants to District Level stakeholders throughout Indonesia
- Experience liaising with National, Provincial and Local Governments, particularly those associated with the development of local and regional economic development and representatives of Civil Society with different backgrounds and levels of responsibility
Additional Knowledge/Skills Considered an Asset:
- Extensive knowledge of sources of funding from the National Level for local and regional economic development
- Demonstrated knowledge of sources of funding from the National Level for local and regional economic development
- Demonstrated knowledge, gained through experience, of local and regional economic development, public-private partnerships, and development of MSME’s and Cooperatives in Indonesia
- Ability to identify innovations to improve value-chains
- Sound understanding of the importance of civil society participating in local government activities
- Previous experience working with bilateral or multilateral donors in a similar capacity/role as required NSLIC/NSELRED
- Strong English oral, written, and reading skills
How to apply, Applicants should send their application and CV (max. file 125kb) to email@example.com no later than 27 September 2020. Please indicate the position title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.