PANAGORA GROUP JOB VACANCIES 2020
Panagora Group, a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development, is supporting USAID/Indonesia to implement its new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) through a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity.
Panagora Group seeks an experienced Program Specialist, GOI SC Secretariat (“Program Specialist II”) for the USAID/Indonesia MEL Activity.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to the GOI Steering Committee (SC) that administers the Assistance Agreement (AA) and Bilateral Development Cooperation Framework (BDCF) between USAID and GOI. The SC is chaired by the Ministry of National Development Planning/National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas), with tasks to manage and monitor activities implemented under the AA and BDCF.
Program Specialist II is based in Bappenas, and will perform the following functions:
- Work with USAID and GOI stakeholders to establish and update standard operating procedures (SOPs) and templates for administrative approvals, including KITAS/stay permit, VAT exemption, and BAST reporting, and to address any problems that may arise.
- Coordinate with USAID, Executing Agencies (EAs), and other stakeholders to help clarify SOPs and keep processes moving smoothly.
- Help facilitate an Annual Portfolio Review to discuss program activities, monitoring & evaluation, and results of programs undertaken by USAID, and to make recommendations to improve program implementation.
- Address problems that arise regarding activity implementation and grant disbursement.
The full-time position is provided under the USAID/Indonesia’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Platform (IMEL) and is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Support to SC on the AA and BDCF Management
The Program Specialist II advises and assists the SC Secretariat in various aspects of the BDCF administration. This includes but not limited to:
- Prepare material for annual portfolio review meetings of the AA and BDCF Steering Committee.
- Take notes and minutes of SC meetings.
- Liaise and communicate regularly with SC members (Bappenas, Ministry of Finance, State Secretariat, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, EAs, Technical Counterpart Agencies/Implementing Agencies (TCAs/IAs) and USAID).
- Coordinate with USAID PRO GOI team to maintain status updates of activities implemented under the AA and BDCF.
- Provide the SC Chair with periodic reports regarding AA and BDCF portfolio activities.
- Write correspondence as needed.
- Track actions and issues in SC, EAs, and TCAs/IAs that are relevant to the AA and BDCF.
- Report to IMEL and USAID on a routine basis regarding activities, plans, and needs of the SC and Secretariat.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the SC or IMEL.
Support USAID CDCS, AA, and BDCF process
- Support for USAID consultation with GOI on CDCS preparation and implementation by attending relevant meetings, developing meeting minutes, and reports for USAID and GOI liaison.
- Support CDCS preparation and implementation in collecting and summarizing relevant GOI development documents and references. The documents should be not older than 2017 and will include and not limited to GOI trends, achievements, and challenges, GOI-donor engagement, etc.
USAID – GOI Joint Events and Others
- Lead organization of USAID – BAPPENAS joint events in form of workshops, public discussions, monitoring visits, etc.
- Draft letters for VAT Exemption on IMEL spending, and any other necessary documents and follow up.
- Other tasks as assigned by the USAID Program Office (PRO) GOI team, Bappenas, and IMEL COP.
Reporting: Biweekly meeting with USAID PRO GOI team to provide updates and conduct necessary follow up on the work plan and/or assignments.
- Master’s degree plus a minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience.
- Familiar and has a good understanding of GOI and USAID AA and BDCF framework and structure.
- Familiar with GOI’s structure and organization, particularly Bappenas and the Ministry of Finance.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Fluency in English required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative with little direction, to meet tight deadlines, and to prioritize among multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well in a government environment, and to establish and maintain professional contacts with SC members and their offices.
- Strong familiarity with MS Office applications.
- Must be Indonesian.
Please visit our website at CLICK HERE to apply. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.