USAID – HARMONI PROJECT JOB VACANCIES 2020
Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Manager, USAID/Indonesia Harmoni: Towards Inclusion and Resilience, Indonesia
The five-year USAID/Indonesia Harmoni activity will promote tolerance and inclusion and reduce the risk of violent extremism. Harmoni will focus support on interventions that are narrowly targeted towards communities and individuals most at risk of radicalization, with an explicit mandate to build the resilience of key Indonesian institutions – governmental, civil society, religious, and community-based – that represent the front line in preventing violent extremism in Indonesia. The project will focus on at-risk communities and vulnerable population groups.
This is a full-time position based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
**Please note: Only Indonesian citizens are eligible for this position**
MSI is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning (MEL) Manager, who will lead Harmoni’s efforts to measure, analyze, and report on its performance, as well as measure and analyze external conditions and situations that may affect Harmoni’s activities and its ability to achieve results. In addition, the MEL Manager will support the project’s communication and outreach efforts, translating the collected achievements into accessible stories and supporting implementation of Harmoni’s learning agenda, in collaboration with the Harmoni program team and USAID. The MEL Manager will oversee the development and management of Harmoni’s Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning (AMEL) Plan, ensuring high-level quality tracking of all performance indicators and reporting. The MEL Manager will also be responsible for all data collection, storage, and reporting, and for assembling needed data at regular reporting intervals. In addition, the MEL Manager will ensure that the program team understands the AMEL Plan and its indicators and that they are able to help monitor grantee performance against specific indicators. The MEL Manager will oversee the management of the project database system and be responsible for any recommendations made to adjust MEL systems and/or definitions and data collection approaches to improve tracking systems. The MEL Manager will supervise one full-time MEL Specialist.
The MEL Manager reports to the Chief of Party and works closely with MSI’s Home Office Technical Director and MEL Technical Manager.
The MEL Manager is Harmoni’s focal point for monitoring, evaluation, and learning. As such, the primary focus of this position lies in managing the project MEL system in accordance with the AMEL Plan. This effort will include the design/revision of targets, collection of data, logging of evidence, generation of reports, and design and delivery of learning events and materials. In detail, responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee all aspects of the performance measurement support for the project. Ensure that all project staff have a clear understanding of the Results Framework, including definitions, and of all aspects of the AMEL Plan.
- Help ensure the collection of adequate context or situational data so that the project can adapt its activities to changing conditions.
- Recommend revisions as needed to the AMEL Plan, performance indicators and targets, and data collection approaches.
- Provide training to project staff on the AMEL Plan and context monitoring and how and when to collect needed data from partners.
- Work with the program team to help candidate grantees develop results frameworks and MEL plans for their individual grants. Ensure that their indicators incorporate relevant Harmoni indicators. Help set targets for grant performance. Follow up with the program teams and review grantee performance. Take part in grant after-action reviews.
- Report quarterly M&E data to technical staff and to the COP and MSI Technical Director for quarterly reporting; help draft and produce all Quarterly and Annual Progress Reports.
- Build strong working relationships with the Harmoni program team, relevant USAID Mission staff, and project partners.
- Manage the repository of tools, guidelines, and reference documents for MEL and other materials.
- Supervise long-term MEL staff.
- Coordinate with the Harmoni Senior Management Team and program team to ensure the effective preparation, execution, and management of MEL-related plans and activities.
- Conduct data verification exercises including data quality assessments and site visits (which may require travel throughout Indonesia).
- Provide quarterly M&E data for review by the COP, and MSI Home Office Technical Director that are on time and in a technically valid, high-quality manner.
- Suggest additional useful analyses and carry out research or supervise short-term technical research consultants as assigned.
- Support the project’s communications efforts, including the production of success stories, infographics, and the like.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the COP.
- University degree relevant social science field.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work M&E experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID M&E indicators, approaches, and requirements, with at least three (3) years of experience managing M&E systems for USAID programs.
- Experience developing and implementing MEL Plans, monitoring instruments, baseline data collection, and M&E storage systems.
- Expertise and professional experience with surveys, data management and analysis, and/or statistical software programs, preferred.
- Experience training and overseeing data collection staff.
- Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to tackle complex issues.
- Experience working with M&E database systems.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and ability to manage and be flexible in difficult and challenging circumstances.
- Knowledge of and experience with topics covered in Harmoni’s statement of work, preferred.
- Experience with project communications, including success stories and quarterly reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative with little direction, to meet tight deadlines, and to prioritize among multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Strong familiarity with MS Office applications.
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE
The closing date for the application is 7 October 2020
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.