CHEMONICS INTERNATIONAL JOB VACANCIES 2020
Laboratory Data Officer
- JOB TITLE: Laboratory Data Officer (1 positions)
- JOB LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
- REPORTS TO: Senior HIV/AIDS Manager
- PROJECT: United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Indonesia
The USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement & Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) is being implemented by Chemonics International. The focus of the project in Indonesia is to provide technical assistance in supply chain management to the Ministry of Health for HIV, TB, and laboratory commodities, in support of the national HIV/AIDS and TB programs in the country. At the national level, the project supports the Directorate of Direct Infectious Disease Control (Sub-directorates HIV/AIDS and TB), the Directorate of Quality and Health Services Accreditation (Laboratory services), and the Directorate of Public Medicine and Health Supplies. At the provincial level, the project provides support to Jakarta and Papua provinces.
The Laboratory Data Officer will be primarily providing support in collecting and analyzing key laboratory data for supply chain management decision making within the Provincial Health Offices (PHO) and District Health Offices (DHO), as well as providing recommendations for improving supply chain operations within the program. This position will report to the Senior HIV/AIDS Manager of the GHSC-PSM Project in Jakarta. These positions will be located at the Viral Load sites in DKI Jakarta.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support PHO and DHO in collecting laboratory data from all referral hospitals viral load sites in DKI Jakarta.
- Work closely with PHO and DHO team to follow up and coordinate with hospital laboratory officers and other stakeholders to ensure the timely submission of laboratory data reports.
- Analyze and compare laboratory logistics and patients on treatment data.
- Support viral load sites to provide analytical support related to key supply chain data to identify current weaknesses and propose implementable solutions to address these weaknesses.
- Develop a performance report to track timeliness and accuracy of reporting from viral load sites.
- Provide feedback/recommendations for improving laboratory data quality and reliability.
- Provide technical assistance to viral load sites in developing an early warning stock out monitoring system and stock availability analysis for laboratory data.
- Assist the implementation and monitoring of Laboratory Management Information System (LMIS).
- Maintain an effective recording and reporting system and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the availability of accurate and reliable data.
- Work closely with the GHSC-PSM M&E Manager to develop project indicators and a monitoring system.
- Foster relationships and communication between relevant government stakeholders, as well as external technical partners.
- Support the GHSC-PSM country team in managing other tasks as and when required.
- Prepare presentations and represent the project as and when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, laboratory analyst, pharmacy, ICT, logistics, or business administration.
- Minimum one-year experience working with private sector or health programs (preferred) in TB and/or HIV highly preferred. Fresh Graduated are welcome to apply.
- Demonstrated understanding of health commodity supply chain concepts.
- Ability to contribute to capacity building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse settings.
- Ability to work independently and to manage various priorities on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database, and presentation software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with database development.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Good writing and communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION:
The Laboratory Data Officer will be supervised by the GHSC-PSM Senior HIV/AIDS Manager or his/her Designee.
When you are interested in the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please submit your job application consisting of an updated curriculum vitae and cover letter to: email@example.com with E-mail subject: Laboratory Data Officer – your name
DEADLINE: October 2nd, 2020