GIZ JOB VACANCIES 2020
As a part of Indonesia – German Cooperation in reducing emission from the forestry sector as well as improving the livelihood of rural communities a project name Peatland Management and Rehabilitation has been implemented. The project aims to develop the planning and implementation capacities to rehabilitate the peat ecosystem and mangrove forest in Kayan Sembakung Delta. The module combines policy and capacity development measures. Activities are implemented at the macro-meso and micro levels (pilot measures are used here as well). Policy advice is one area in which close cooperation at the National level with the Environment and Forestry Ministry is pursued.
The project expected to deliver several basic outputs as follows: Integrated planning processes for the protection and sustainable management of peat ecosystems and mangrove in the Kayan Sembakung Delta Area.
Improved peat and wetlands ecosystems land-use system/practices.
Results from applied research and documented field experiences will be distributed at local, national, and international levels.
For this reason, PROPEAT seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position: Intern for Peat Depth Mapping with Ground Penetrating Radar Study
- Support the Peatland Management and Rehabilitation project in assessing the possibility to utilize Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) to measure and mapped peat depth in North Kalimantan.
- Assist the Integrative Land use Advisor in study the potential of GPR to measure the peat depth;
- Collecting the related literatures and study related to peat depth mapping measurement and mapping with GPR;
- Collecting the related government policy and guideline related to peat dome mapping and measurement;
- Assist the Integrative Land use Advisor in identifying potential study area;
- Assist the Integrative Land use Advisor in developing the study method and planning;
- Assist the Integrative Land use Advisor in conducting the field survey;
- Collecting field data and photos from the field survey;
- Assist in the field data processing;
- Preparing the draft report on the study as well as the map produced from the field data;
- Provide presentation material for study result;
- Participate in writing the final report.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Fresh graduate or master’s degree student in Forestry or its equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of peatland;
- Basic knowledge of GPR instrument and data processing;
- Familiar with GIS software and data analysis;
- Good oral and written communications in English and Indonesia;
- Good conceptual, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, coordination, facilitation and representation skills;
- Knowledge and skills about digitalization;
- Strong interest to work on issues related to gender, natural resource management, and peatland ecosystem.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good communication, organizational, and information management skills;
- Intercultural understanding are additional advantages;
- Self-motivated with time and stress management skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good command of Ms. Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Arc GIS or Quantum GIS);
- Experience in writing a scientific report is an advantage;
- Proficiency in English and very good writing skills;
- Ability to work in a team and to adapt to an international working environment.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than one a years ago.
- Duty Station: Tanjung Selor
- Working Hours: 5 working days per week, 8 working hours per day
- Expected Joining Date: October 2020
- Duration of Internship: 3 months
- Reporting to: Integrative Land-use Planning Advisor
- Remuneration: The intern will in accordance with GIZ regulations receive a cost-of-living stipend intended to cover living expenses and accommodation if the intern basically resides outside Jakarta.
Interested candidates shall submit a comprehensive resume and a motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org before October 7th, 2020
Please put: PROPEAT – Intern PDM as your email subject and name the files using the following format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified