CHEMONICS INTERNATIONAL JOB VACANCIES 2020
Jakarta Provincial Program Officer
- JOB TITLE: Jakarta Provincial Program Officer (1 position)
- JOB LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
- REPORTS TO: Senior HIV/AIDS Manager
- PROJECT: United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Indonesia
The USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement & Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) is being implemented by Chemonics International. The focus of the project in Indonesia is to provide technical assistance in supply chain management to the Ministry of Health for HIV, TB, and laboratory commodities, in support of the national HIV/AIDS and TB programs in the country. At the national level, the project supports the Directorate of Direct Infectious Disease Control (Sub-directorates HIV/AIDS and TB), the Directorate of Quality and Health Services Accreditation (Laboratory services), and the Directorate of Public Medicine and Health Supplies. At the provincial level, the project provides support to Jakarta and Papua provinces.
The Provincial Program Officer (PPO) will be primarily providing support in collecting and analyzing key HIV and TB logistics data for supply chain management decision making within the Provincial Health Offices (PHO). The PPO will also provide recommendations for improving supply chain operations within the program and in close collaboration with LINKAGES, managing supply chain performance Viral Load testing in Jakarta Province. This position will report to the Senior HIV/AIDS Manager of the GHSC-PSM Project in Jakarta. These positions will be located at the DKI Jakarta Provincial Health Offices.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure stock information and data for HIV and TB commodities are adequate to support Jakarta Program Fast Track and PEPFAR target in Jakarta.
- Together with Jakarta PHO, LINKAGES, and PSM HIV Logistics Activity manager to monitor and tracking supply chain commodities for VL testing in Jakarta.
- Help Jakarta Province to design a supply chain model for Viral load commodities.
- Tracking and monitor source of VL testing for Jakarta (All VL testing platforms)
- Help Jakarta Province to prepare the necessary documentation for the processing order of HIV and TB commodities to fulfill the requisition from DHO.
- Assist Jakarta PHO to analyze stock availability of ARV in Jakarta Province to implement MMD (Multi-Month Dispensing) in PEFPAR sites.
- To support the implementation and scale-up of optimized regimens such as TLD and TLE400 in Jakarta
- Support Jakarta PHO to plan and quantify HIV and TB drugs in Jakarta Province.
- Support PHO in collecting HIV and TB logistics data from all health facilities in the province.
- Work closely with the PHO team of the HIV and TB programs to follow up and coordinate with district program officers and other stakeholders to ensure the timely submission of logistics data reports.
- Support PHO to provide analytical support related to key supply chain data to identify current weaknesses and propose implementable solutions to address these weaknesses.
- Develop a performance report to track the timeliness and accuracy of reporting from the DHO.
- Provide feedback/recommendations for improving HIV and TB logistics data quality and reliability.
- Provide technical assistance to PHO in developing dashboard early warning stock out monitoring system and stock availability analysis for HIV and TB Logistics data.
- Maintain an effective recording and reporting system and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the availability of accurate and reliable data.
- Work closely with the GHSC-PSM M&E Manager to develop project indicators and a monitoring system.
- Foster relationships and communication between relevant government stakeholders, as well as external technical partners.
- Support the GHSC-PSM country team in managing other tasks as and when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, pharmacy, logistics or business administration.
- Minimum three to five years’ experience working with the private sector or health programs (preferred) in TB and/or HIV highly preferred.
- Understanding Information Technology and any MIS system would be advantage
- Demonstrated understanding of health commodity supply chain concepts.
- Ability to contribute to capacity building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse settings.
- Ability to work independently and to manage various priorities on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database, and presentation software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with database development.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Good writing and communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION:
The Provincial Program Officer will be supervised by the GHSC-PSM Senior HIV/AIDS Manager or his/her Designee.
When you are interested in the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please submit your job application consisting of updated curriculum vitae and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with E-mail subject: Provincial Program Manager – your name
DEADLINE: October 2nd, 2020