IFES INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
- Position Title: Communication Specialist Consultant
- Location: Jakarta
IFES is an international, nonprofit organization that supports the building of democratic societies. IFES promotes democratic stability by providing technical assistance and applying field-based research to the electoral cycle in countries around the world to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil societies, governance, and transparency. Founded in 1987 as a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, IFES has developed and implemented comprehensive, collaborative democracy solutions in more than 120 countries. Since 2011 IFES implementing the General Election Network for Disability Access (AGENDA) project, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), in Indonesia.
The General Election Network for Disability Access (AGENDA) is a creative partnership between the International Foundation of Electoral System (IFES), disabled persons’ organizations (DPOs), and election-focused civil society organizations (CSOs) in Southeast Asia. The AGENDA network’s principal objectives have been to promote election access in Southeast Asia and ensure that access to disability-inclusive political processes is on the human rights agenda of regional bodies.
The November 2018 launch of the ASEAN Enabling Masterplan: Mainstreaming the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, is ASEAN’s first regional action plan for mainstreaming the rights of persons with disabilities in all aspects of its new regional development agenda was a breakthrough statement of regional principle The Enabling Masterplan may prove inconsequential if not internalized by Member States through their own domestic policy-making processes. IFES works with AGENDA partners to increase DPO effectiveness in advocating for government action to respect and promote disability rights. IFES provides technical support to AGENDA partners to advocate at both the national and regional levels and support DPOs to build strong, cross-sectoral advocacy coalition for mainstreaming the rights of persons with disabilities in national laws and public policy.
Currently, AGENDA is seeking a Communication Specialist Consultant to support the implementation of the AGENDA program.
Scope of Work
- Responsible for AGENDA’s website and content dashboard, ensuring a complete and thorough understanding of all ongoing programmatic activities, and act as a key point on AGENDA’s digital platforms.
- Manage and update content to be uploaded into AGENDA’s website and social media channels
- Update websites’ content on a regular basis and ensure websites’ functionality including online product catalogs.
- Develop SEO friendly web contents including photos, graphic designs, and videos to be upload to AGENDA’s website and social media platforms
- Work with AGENDA team to develop illustrative graphic design, including info graphics
- Set-up and execute social media (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc) and Newsletter campaigns
- Review and manage AGENDA’ web statistic and social media analytics to optimize content that drives engagement and conversion.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews (Community management).
- Actively participating in brainstorming sessions with AGENDA Team with regards to creative briefs, site optimization, technology platforms, campaigns, and user experience.
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications.
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 2 years in Website/Social Media Management or Digital Marketing with hands-on experience in creating and managing content in social media channel
- Hands-on experience in using CMS, ideally WordPress
- Knowledge of web and social media analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics, Google AdWords, etc.), SEO, and keyword search
- Internet and technology savvy and always up to date with the latest trends and technologies in social media
- Very good knowledge and practical usage of the MS Office tools.
- Intermediate photo/video editing, HTML skills would be an advantage
- Proficient in the English language with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues including writing articles.
- Self-motivated and meticulous attention to detail
- Proactive and dynamic, with a keen interest in problem-solving and optimized efficiency
- Strong Communications skills, teamwork, and ability to work under pressure.
Interested candidates may send their application to: email@example.com latest by October 9, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.