TAY JUHANA FOUNDATION JOB VACANCIES 2020
About the Organization
Among more than seven billion people who live on today’s Earth, one billion go to bed with an empty stomach every day. While food is the fuel of everything in human lives, we often take food for granted. Improving food security for all is becoming more critical every day with rapid population growth, changing climate, depleting aquifers, and land uses competition. Tay Juhana Foundation (TJF) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) that realizes that a series of immediate actions must be taken to avoid the aggravation of this global issue.
TJF is fully-operated by young talents who are committed to utilizing their optimum skills and capabilities to formulate effective strategies, conduct comprehensive research, and communicate the messages in cultivating food crops in suboptimal lands, such as peatland. This series of activities will benefit the people while minimizing the risk of environmental degradation. We believe that our programs can bring a significant change in the way we manage our lands, which will eventually improve the state of food security.
We invite qualified candidates who share the same passion with us to become the agents of change for the mentioned causes by joining our small, dynamic team in Jakarta as Strategic Communication Officer (SCO).
To engage the targeted audience in TJF causes through communication strategy implementation and social media planning, creating and developing content regularly, also initiating and maintaining communication in organization internally as well as external stakeholders.
- Supporting the team on conceptualizing strategy for developing TJF’s for promoting the organization brand and other relevant issues.
- Implementing the communication and media strategy into measurable programs and initiatives to increase visibility and support TJF goals.
- Creating, reviewing, and disseminating TJF’s communication tools (media content, press releases, policy statements, talking points, and speeches) in accordance with the editorial plans.
- Liaising and following up collaboration opportunities with external parties such as government, researcher, NGO, private company, media entity, and potential donor.
- Performing other communication-related tasks on an ad-hoc basis.
Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in communication, media, or relevant studies.
Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the strategic communication field, preferably with food security, agriculture, or sustainable development themes of work.
- A strong passion for working in a nonprofit organization.
- A deep commitment to upgrade myself and bring betterment in themes of food security, agriculture, and sustainable development.
- Fluency in verbal and written communication using the English language is compulsory.
- Familiarity with social media and visual design is a must.
- A leadership quality, equipped with both independent and teamwork skills is desirable.
- Qualities such as being creative, innovative, and highly-motivated are desirable.
- Good intro- and interpersonal skills, next to the ability to interact with people with a variety of backgrounds is a must.
- Ability and willingness to travel to other parts of Indonesia and overseas at times are required.
- A monthly salary that will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experiences.
- Opportunity to play a key role in a promising nonprofit organization.
- Opportunity to work in a vibrant working environment and collaborate with representatives of multiple stakeholders.
- Possible internal and external training/workshops.
- Most importantly, the opportunity to contribute to solving critical issues and become the agent of change for the future of our planet!
How to Apply
Interested applicant must send a set of application documents which includes:
- Current CV/resume with the most recent photograph attached.
- Motivation letter addressing candidates’ suitability and potential contribution to the offered position (max. 1 page). Please write the minimum expected salary here.
- Candidates’ most recent portfolio is encouraged to be shared.
Please send your application to email@example.com before 5 October 2020. Applications sent without the first two components above will not be considered for the first phase of the recruitment process.
Please indicate the subject heading “TJF Application – SCO – [Your Full Name]” (e.g. TJF Application – SCO – Julian Trilaksana).
*Important note* The TJF team is currently applying a work-from-home (WFH) procedure to avoid the spread of COVID-19. The entire selection process is conducted via online platforms.
TJF is an inclusive and diversity-friendly organization. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. The selection’s committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.