GIZ JOB VACANCIES 2020
As a part of Indonesia – German Cooperation in reducing emission from the forestry sector as well as improving the livelihood of rural communities a project name Peatland Management and Rehabilitation has been implemented. The project aims to develop the planning and implementation capacities to rehabilitate the peat ecosystem and mangrove forests in Peatland Area in East and North Kalimantan. The module combines policy and capacity development measures. Activities are implemented at the macro-meso and micro levels (pilot measures are used here as well). Policy advice is one area in which close cooperation at the National level with the Environment and Forestry Ministry is pursued.
The project expected to deliver the several basic outputs as follows:
- Integrated planning processes for the protection and sustainable management of peat ecosystems and mangrove in Peatland Area in East and North Kalimantan.
- Improved peat and wetlands ecosystems land-use system/practices.
- Results from applied research and documented field experiences will be distributed at local, national, and international levels.
GIZ seeks a qualification Indonesia candidate for 1 (one) position of Junior Advisor on KPH development and Capacity building
The position of Junior Advisor on KPH development and Capacity Building on Peatland Management and Rehabilitation is aimed to support the project in implementing and achieving its objective with the detail as follows:
- Support the project in the design and implementation of project activities/technical assistance in East Kalimantan according to the GIZ standards and in close partnership with the Ministry of Environment and Forestry as well as the authorities in East Kalimantan
- Support the project in achieving the project goals and activities agreed with the partners, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior
- To carry out project activities in a timely high-quality manner
- To support Principal Advisor under the coordination of advisor for policy development in ensuring the contribution of the GIZ in the institution and organizational capacity building to related organization in peatland management by providing professional advice to partners and maintaining its communication. It is including to support KPH (Kesatuan Pengelolaan Hutan) and Perhutanan Sosial (PS) in the peatland area
- Developing, operationalizing, and implementing the strategy to support the development of a strategic operation plan and corresponding annual work plans in close cooperation with the partner
The incumbent performs the following tasks:
Professional advisory services
- Providing technical advisory to the improvement of land use practice/management and rehabilitation of peatland/wetland, Management and restoration of natural peat swamp forest and rehabilitation of degraded peatlands
- Support the policy advisory, policy development, development of necessary guidelines which is relevant to project objectives
- Support the institutional and organizational development of Forest Management Unit (KPH) including the promotion/strengthening of the Perhutanan Sosial scheme in the project area
- Providing technical inputs on the development of forestry planning documents at PROPEAT focus areas
- Support the facilitation of conflict resolution mechanism for the mediation of land-use conflict in whenever necessary
- Supporting capacity building activities at Province and national level includes capacity building within PROPEAT team
- Assist national and international advisors as well as consultants in carrying out their work related to the project activities
- Implementation of relevant action research and publication related to the project activities in integrative land-use planning
- Assisting the projects with organizational and management issues
- Participating in formulating project plan of operation and helps to synchronize it with the counterpart’s plan
- Jointly responsible with the partner institution for preparing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings, and other project activities
- Compiles/organize data and information, methods and knowledge documentation related to the project and other activities and ensures knowledge transfer amongst team members as well as partners
- Support AV to develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals, and procedures
- Draws up reports and presentation documents
- Support AV in formulates appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the Country Director and Lead Advisor and GIZ Head Quarter
- Assists with research activities and studies related to integrative land-use planning
- Ensure the quality of consultants’ report which related to the above tasks
- Coordinate the results and lessons learned documentation
Networking and cooperation
- Support the cooperation with and maintain regular contacts with the government partner, local communities, relevant local and international organizations, non-governmental bodies and persons within the programme’s environment as well as with other projects to enhance and maintain good working relationships and smooth implementation of programme activities
- Support to the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars, and other events on subjects that are related to the programme’s field of activities
- Participate in and/or provide professional inputs to workshops, seminars and other events that are related to the programme’s field of activities
- Organize and prepare field trips of associated experts and other project visitors and conduct field visits to relevant provinces and districts in accordance with the requirements of the programme, in close consultation with the principal advisors.
- Initiate and coordinate necessary cooperation in close consultation with the Principal Advisor
Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the superior
- Contributes actively to a good working climate and team working within the project
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in forestry, agriculture or environmental management
- Minimum 3 years professional experience on institutional capacity development and policy advisory work on local government level
- Familiarity and experience with Forest Management Unit development issue as well as Social Forestry scheme
- Knowledge in organization development, institutional strengthening
- Experience in community-based forest management approach
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of lTC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Strong managerial and organizational competence
- Strong capability in participatory approach
- Willingness to travel to districts regularly
- Good written and oral knowledge of the English language widely used in the country.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed -corresponding measures are agreed with management
Duty Station: Samarinda (East Kalimantan)
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 6th October, 2020.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: PROPEAT – KPH.
Please name your file as follow format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.