INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION JOB VACANCIES 2020
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Reference No: SVN/ID10/2020/042
- Position Title: Migration Health Nurse II
- Duty Station: Lhokseumawe, Aceh
- Organization Unit: Migration Health – Health Care Unit
- Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G-5
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term contract until to 31 December 2020 (the whole duration of the contract shall be considered as probation period)
- Report to: Senior Migration Health Physician (SMHP)
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 07 October 2020
Under the direct supervision of Senior Migration Health Physician (SMHP) in Medan and overall supervision of Emergency Program Coordinator and Senior Migration Health Adviser (SMHA) in Jakarta, the incumbent shall manage and coordinate the implementation of migration health activities to migrants in Lhokseumawe and perform medical case management in particular. The incumbent shall also assist in other migration health-related activities in Lhokseumawe as required.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- In coordination with the Emergency Programme Coordinator in Jakarta and SMHP in Medan, ensure effective coordination, management, and implementation of overall migration health programs in Lhokseumawe in line with strategic plan and logical frameworks.
- Present IOM as health cluster lead to ensure effective coordination of all health activities in the camp, including through regular meetings with partners to highlight key health issues, identify gaps and propose solutions.
- Coordinating health programs in Lhokseumawe by assessing verifiable indicators of achievement on a regular basis and provide progress reports for regular evaluation of the program.
- Manage health care services and assistance for IOM beneficiaries by coordination and work closely with physician and nurse from health care panel to ensure continuum of care elements such nursing care, support, and medical treatment are delivered and to adhere to essentials of primary care principles and rational utilization of referral to higher care level.
- Ensure proper administration of medical data and activity reports to support the effectiveness and efficiency of migration health programs and respecting IOM procurement and financial procedures and regulations.
- Ensure proper assessment and determine eligibility of medical cases referrals to secondary and tertiary levels in coordination with SMHP in Medan.
- Organize and manage emergency medical case management and referrals in coordination with the camp managed ensuring emergency medical needs in coordination with relevant authorities and IOM Health/ Operations staff in the field.
- Manage need assessment, and health-seeking behavior of migrants on a regular basis and inform SMHP on the need for intervention such as health promotion and other needs on a regular basis.
- As representative of the IOM Migration Health Department (MHD) in Lhokseumawe, and in coordination with SMHP, establish and maintain cooperation with local stakeholders in Lhokseumawe regarding medical activities required in the shelter.
- Perform identification of the refugees/migrants in the need for health care. Provide counseling for related activities as required. If necessary obtaining vital signs, take medical history, monitoring sampling for laboratory and assist radiology test for chest x-ray and etc.
- Coordinate procurement and monitor medical inventory in the relevant location. Ensure timely submission of orders in coordination with SMHPs.
- Responsible for TB case management, if there is any and other medical cases such as psychiatric and epilepsy cases, ensure proper observation of DOT to patients. Periodically assess patients looking for side effects of medicines and manage them accordingly.
- Provide health education regarding infectious and non-infectious diseases to refugees in the shelter. Create awareness about the use of masks and other preventive precautionary measures, including but not limited to coughing ethics, hand washing, physical distance and etc. related to COVID-19.
- Maintain and update health care data and statistical information of caseload and relevant activities such as scheduling patients, follow up, case management for management and financial reporting.
- Performing any other duties assigned by Supervisors.
Required Qualifications and Experience
University degree from an accredited academic institution in Medical or Health with Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner (equal to nurse profession or S.Kep, Ners for Indonesian) with minimum 3 (three) years experience in clinical practice and/or family medicine (as nurse practitioner, family nurse) with valid STR (Surat Tanda Registrasi).
- Experience in clinical practice and/or family medicine (as nurse practitioner, family nurse), Independent health program management skills, such as supervision capacity, quality assessment and control and report writing;
- Proven capacity to develop and supervise quality control/ assurance mechanisms in medical activities.
- Experience dealing with the health management and care of vulnerable groups; delivery of public health services are distinct advantages.
- Knowledge in assisting emergency operations activities.
- Effectively applies knowledge of health issues in the execution of responsibilities at an appropriate level.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work.
- Excellent knowledge of structures and functions of district health office and ministry of health.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and timely manner.
- Capacity to work effectively, strong strategic and creative thinking harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Proficient in computer applications: Ms-Office (Ms. Words, Ms. Excel, and Ms. Power Point).
- Understanding of biostatistics and basic research concepts.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate, and security clearances.
- IOM applies the local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link: CLICK HERE
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2020/042) as a subject. The deadline for applications is 07 October 2020.
Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered