SEARCH FOR COMMON GROUND INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
Search for Common Ground Indonesia is a non-profit, independent, secular, non-government organization dedicated to conflict transformation.
We are searching for…
- The growing office of Search Indonesia is seeking a Country Finance Manager to manage all aspects of finance of the Indonesia program, for a period of a maximum of 24 months.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the overall finance, in compliance with the standards of Search, donors, and the Government of Indonesia.
The roles and responsibilities of the Country Finance Manager include:
Management and team leadership:
- Responsible for the effective overall management of the finance unit
- Manage/direct the Finance staff for teamwork, accuracy, timeliness, detail, and systems thinking
- Coordinate with partner organizations in all financial / grant issues included Provide advice and guidance in financial matters to partners, staff, etc.
Management of grants, budgets, and spending:
- Create and manage an operational budget for the program
- Manage the various grants to ensure accurate spending, while tracking expenditures and variances
- Monitor funds, ensuring that up to date records of expenditures are kept and that they comply with budget allocations and donor requirements
- Interpret financial information for non-finance staff to ensure program activities and procurement reflect available budget
Responsible for financial aspects of fundraising:
- Identify potential shortfalls in funding and alert Country Director and managers as appropriate
- Prepare budgets for new proposals
Supervise accurate accounting and reporting:
- Monitor accounts payables/receivables and provides monthly feedback
- Ensure submission of accurate and timely monthly financial reports to headquarters, ensuring the HQ ledger matches Search Indonesia data
- Review donor financial reports timely and accurately and maintain correspondence with donors and HQ on financial matters
- Review and provide input for all kind of contracts, initiate and fulfill payments, and assume responsibility for creditors and debtors
- Ensure Search Indonesia has a smooth functioning and efficient Finance Department, optimizing the use of financial IT
Audit and compliance of SFCG Indonesia:
- Ensure Search and its partners have practices and policies that support easy audits
- Facilitate timely audit and responses to auditors, both local and at headquarters
- Supervise country office cash management, maintenance of optimal bank balance, bank reconciliation, monitoring currency gain/loss, and draft correspondence with the bank
- Monitor funds to ensure availability for disbursements
- Ensure timely reconciliation of bank accounts, advances, and partner accounts
- Maintain correspondence with local bank and donors for operational matters
If you the following qualifications:
- Professional Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field;
- 4 years of relevant experience at the national or international NGOs in financial resources management;
- Experience in managing grants from the State Department, USAID, EU, and other major donors.
- Familiar with PPH 21, 23, and other related employment taxes.
- Computer literacy proficiency.
- Highly organized and systematic with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Team-player and positive personality, able to bring people together across dividing lines.
- Proactive and ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify and solve problems on an immediate basis.
- Builds strong relationships with partners, focusing on impact and results, and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and working skills enjoy a multicultural work environment;
To apply, interested candidates should:
Submit an application letter explaining why you are the best fit for the position and resume/CV, with minimum salary requirements (or current salary) and projected start date with the email subject is “Country Finance Manager” at the latest on 15 October 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.