MIRACLEFEET JOB VACANCIES 2020
- Job Vacancy: Program Field Officer
- Location: Indonesia
- Type of contract: Consultant
- Duration: One year (extendable)
- Work hours: 40 hours/ week
- Reports to: Program Manager, Asia
MiracleFeet is an international nonprofit organization that increases access to proper treatment for children born with clubfoot in developing countries through partnerships with local healthcare providers. There are over one million people living with untreated clubfoot around the world, making it one of the primary causes of physical disability in the world. Thanks to a fully accepted, non-surgical treatment known as the Ponseti Method, it is now possible to treat clubfoot effectively and safely for as little as $250 per person. By increasing access to treatment, MiracleFeet gives children born with clubfoot the chance to live healthy, productive lives. See www.miraclefeet.org to learn more about the issue of clubfoot and MiracleFeet’s approach.
MiracleFeet is currently seeking to engage a full-time Program Field Officer for Asia. The primary role of the Program Field Officer will be to support the development and the implementation of MiracleFeet programs to treat children with clubfoot in Asia. This position requires a high degree of coordination across many participating entities – NGOs, hospitals and clinics, individual clinicians, government agencies, site coordinators, parents, and children. Programs are primarily established by partnering with hospitals and doctors to support and expand existing clinics to deliver the Ponseti method of treatment. MiracleFeet also partners with other national and international NGOs to implement and manage clinics in some locations.
The Program Field Officer will be based in Indonesia and will be supervised by MiracleFeet’s Program Manager, Asia based in Manila, Philippines.
- Support Programs in Asia (Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia, Sir Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, and the Philippines)(approx. 50%)
- Provide on-going support and capacity building to in-country program managers or coordinators so they can provide direction and guidance in program development and management.
- Work closely with partners to develop plans to further improve the quality of treatment as well as outreach, identification and referral processes, and treatment compliance.
- Monitor partners’ budgets and activities and support them in putting together quarterly reports as needed. Identify and troubleshoot problem areas in financial management and implementation of activities.
- Monitor data collection and work closely with partners to ensure effective use of MiracleFeet’s M&E system, including reporting tools. Provide coaching on the implementation of data collection and utilization of data. Support partners in data analysis and interpretation of results.
- Work with partners and Asia Program Manager on developing annual budgets and work plans.
- Ensure that MiracleFeet programs are conducted in keeping with the organization’s values, mission, visions, and plans. Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws and maintain accountability standards for donors.
- Travel to program sites to provide monitoring support, training, and supervision duties.
- Support local NGO partners in program implementation and expansion in Indonesia (approx. 35%)
- Work closely with and give guidance to local partners in Indonesia, to support the implementation of the clubfoot program.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategies for implementation and expansion of the clubfoot program in Indonesia
- Work with national orthopedic associations and local NGOs to support the implementation of the clubfoot program. This may include organizing meetings and training with physicians as well as identifying potential NGO partners for expansion and performing due diligence.
- Develop a strategy and implement advocacy activities with the government, essentially with the Ministry of Health and national orthopedic associations, to work towards program expansion and sustainability in Indonesia.
- Contribute to general program management knowledge (approx. 15%)
- Collaborate with Programs and Operations Team to develop and/or rollout relevant program implementation materials, such as parent education curriculum and guidelines, awareness and bracing posters, and work with country program managers and local coordinators on implementation.
- Actively contribute to the documentation of the program management frameworks and resources to strengthen, define and streamline MiracleFeet’s approach to program implementation.
- Work collaboratively with other MiracleFeet team members and partners on cross-program projects, such as the development of conference presentations, fundraising, and support for general program initiatives.
- Coordinate with the Asia Program Manager to prepare regular program updates for Board meetings, staff meetings, annual reports, the website, and other forms of MiracleFeet communication.
- Participate in other tasks as delegated by the Asia Program Manager.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree; a master’s degree in Public Health or related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in public health or social sector program required; international experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building, mentoring and training, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to read, analyze, and interpret program data and convey that information clearly to multiple audiences is required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia/Burmese. Knowledge of any other Asian language an advantage.
- Ability to travel (up to 30%) once regular travel resumes within the organization.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to think creatively and strategically
- Have excellent judgment and be able to work in a dynamic setting
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Knowledge of Global Public Health
Conditions and Benefits
- Position based in Indonesia; applicants should have appropriate legal status allowing them to work in Indonesia
- Engagement will be on a professional service contract or consultancy basis
- Salary commensurate with experience
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter (In English) indicating why they are interested in the position via Our Application Portal.
Applications will be accepted until October 30th, 2020, or until the position is filled.