WORLD AGROFORESTRY JOB VACANCIES 2020
The World Agroforestry (also known as ICRAF) in Southeast Asia is the region’s leading agroforestry research-in- development organization which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools, and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
About the position
To support and facilitate local coordination within Peat IMPACT Indonesia, Green Growth Initiative, and other ICRAF support to local government and development process in West Kalimantan and Kalimantan Island.
For a detailed Job Description please visit CLICK HERE
- Minimum education bachelor’s degree (S-1) in forestry, geography, agriculture, social science, and/or other related fields.
- Minimum 5 (five) years of a successful work experience record in the subject area (s) related to project management & implementation.
- Stay or the recent activity based in West Kalimantan (Pontianak and surrounding) or experienced for many years, with a strong relationship with government agencies, Non-Government Organization, and private sectors.
- Good knowledge of the area/region and its local customs.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated self-motivational and result-oriented nature.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload and strong monitoring and reporting skills.
- Good networking skills and knowledge on local and national NGOs in Indonesia.
- Good knowledge of negotiations.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, or any office application).
- Strong character, multitasking person who is able to work under pressure.
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines, good understanding of time management.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-cultural teams.
- Good knowledge of communication (Indonesian and English).
- Willing to learn new skills/knowledge related to the scope/content of the specific projects.
- Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
- Willing to receive feedback from others.
- Has a vision to develop the organization and an intention of continuous improvement.
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourages applications from qualified women. This is a fixed-term appointment and will initially be for a period of 1 year, renewable subject to assessment of performance, continued relevance of the position, and availability of resources.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations.
- Detail curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers, and email addresses.
All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Unit, World Agroforestry (ICRAF) Southeast Asia Regional Office via email: email@example.com and should indicate “Application for West Kalimantan Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator” on their application letters and email submissions.
Applications will be considered until 9 October 2020 or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.