RED NOSE FOUNDATION JOB VACANCIES 2020
Red Nose Foundation
Red Nose Foundation’s mission is to support the educational and personal development of children living in underprivileged circumstances and to promote the empowerment of youth through arts while assisting them to become positive contributors to society.
Red Nose Foundation strives to be the pioneering force behind creative education advocacy and rehabilitation. Red Nose Foundation offers a safe place for children to explore, experiment, and be educated. Red Nose Foundation currently works with 1126 children offering over 120 hours of education and arts classes each week. Since 2008, Red Nose Foundation programming has affected over 125,000 children across Indonesia.
Red Nose Foundation uses circus as its main approach in developing the youths and children’s skills. The Social Circus approach is implemented in all of its programs to build self-confidence, discipline, teamwork, and good character. In addition to that, Red Nose runs many alternative education classes such as literacy and numeracy training, soccer class, psychosocial class, and job readiness training to support the students’ personal and educational development.
- Position Available: Communications Assistant
- Contract Duration: (1+1 years)
- Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
- Apply Before: Friday, October 9th, 2020 (Urgent)
The Communications Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and implement internal and external communications strategies and materials. The individual oversees the creation and publication of all promotional materials and maintains the foundation’s wide spectrum of marketing and communication channels. S/he is expected to support the foundation’s fundraising activities and, therefore, should be able to manage relationships with external partners. Furthermore, the person should also be able to foster smooth internal communications in-between Red Nose team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field, fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess graphic design and video production skills including familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Possess social media, website, and knowledge management skills.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft office and emails.
- A go-getter and team player with a positive attitude.
- Have strong ideas and initiatives and be able to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Able to multitask while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Assist the foundation’s leadership team in planning and implementing effective and efficient communication strategies for the organization.
- Support the foundation’s key relationships with donors, supporters, partner organizations, and the media.
- Manage the foundation’s publication channels (including the website and social media channels) and be responsible for producing, editing, and publishing blog posts, monthly newsletters, marketing materials, press releases, photos, videos, and annual reports.
- Maintain a high standard of Indonesian and/or English language writing on all of the foundation’s publications.
- Provide inputs and help implement effective communications strategy in all of the foundation’s work.
- Coordinate communications and support organizational development efforts within social circus networks worldwide
- Stay informed of upcoming trends and developments within the field of communications management, including in the fields of social media and the Internet.
Media And External Relation
- Liaise and oversee mass media coverage.
- Develop press releases and contact media partners for Red Nose’s events and special occasions.
- Monitor the media outreach performance.
- Write press releases and/or media invitations for big RNF events.
- Be the main contact for performance requests.
- Be in charge of managing external requests for certain field visits, event invitations, volunteering inquiry etc.
- Assist leadership and Field team in writing official letters for external relations.
Social Media Handle
- Update daily content for social media channels, particularly Facebook and Instagram. Youtube, Twitter
- Monitor social media performance and outreach.
- Update necessary contents and photos for Red Nose Foundation’s website
- Keep the website updated and secured.
- Develop blog articles occasionally.
- Draft and publish a monthly online newsletter under the Leadership Team’s supervision.
- Draft and finalize quarterly reports for Red Nose’s Arts and Education Outreach Programs.
- Develop the content and layout for Red Nose’s Annual Report
- Liaise with the Field Officer to manage scholarship databases.
- Assist the Leadership team in promoting scholarship sponsorship through events, emails, partnerships, and any other necessary promotional channels.
- Under collaboration with the field staff, develop scholarship reports of all kids and send them to scholarship sponsors.
Creative And Multimedia
- Collect and manage photos and videos of Red Nose’s activities and events.
- Create publication/promotional materials of Red Nose programs/events (brochure, poster, flyer, video, etc.)
- Net monthly salary of Rp. 4.276.350
- Health Insurance (Manulife Indonesia)
- Generous Leave Arrangement
How to Apply
- Please send an updated CV and Letter by email to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Communications Assistant – (candidate’s name) by Friday, October 9th, 2020.
- Application without text in the body of the email will not be processed. (Only short-listed candidates will be notified).
- Red Nose Foundation is a unique organization; please take time to visit our website rednosefoundation.org before applying for this position.