CORAL TRIANGLE INITIATIVE JOB VACANCIES 2020
The Coral Triangle Initiative on Coral Reefs, Fisheries and Food Security (CTI-CFF) is a multilateral partnership of six countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste) working together to sustain extraordinary marine and coastal resources by addressing crucial issues such as food security, climate change and marine biodiversity, seeks a self-motivated, smart, detail-oriented and highly organized individual as a Finance and Operations Manager to manage our financial and operations at the Regional Secretariat (RS) CTI-CFF in Manado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia.
The candidate is up to the standard competency set by Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) with technical, business, people, and leadership skills. The successful candidate provides leadership in streamlining current practices and identifying innovative solutions to the administrative requirements across CTI-CFF areas of work. In close coordination with the Program Services team, the successful candidate will manage all operational processes for CTI-CFF in accordance with CTI-CFF Rules and Regulations and Host Country laws, and other CTI CFF policies. The successful candidate will manage payroll management, finance, audits, contract and compliance, human resources, and other related office administration.
- Provide required operational support to CTI-CFF staff working in the RS CTI CFF and to enable smooth functioning of the RS CTI-CFF.
- Perform CTI-CFF Employees’ payroll and maintain personnel records.
- Oversee CTI-CFF’s financial and budget activities.
- Lead CTI-CFF annual budgeting process, in cooperation with the CTI-CFF Executive Director, CTI-CFF Finance and Operational team, and Program Services team.
- Manage the CTI-CFF bank accounts.
- Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize outcomes and increase efficiency.
- Conduct financial reviews of program spending and revenue to minimize program risk of deficits or over-spending versus budget.
- Prepare financial statements and activity reports, and other performance data to measure operational productivity and outcome achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Work closely with individual project managers on an ongoing basis to ensure project grant financials and outcomes/deliverables are on track, and reporting adheres to CTI- CFF procedures and to Development Partners/Donors’ procedures.
- Oversee external auditing activities (for the entity and projects), including negotiation of work and fees.
- Ensure implementation and update process of the CTI CFF Financial Procedures Manual and CTI CFF Staff/Employee Handbook and Administrative Procedures.
- Oversee all the legal aspects of the CTI-CFF with external lawyers on fiscal, statutory, and labour aspects, including liabilities.
- Coordinate legal and strategic aspects of the CTI-CFF, and with its CSO and COM.
- Oversee compliance, controls, financial and legal flows, and synergies between the RS CTI-CFF and member countries.
- Assist with CTI-CFF recruitment activities, wages, mandatory and fringe benefits, and HR matters to maintain coherence with other similar intergovernmental entities in the region.
- Encourage staff access to professional training and development opportunities.
- Ensure the onboarding process for new team members is completed on a timely basis.
- Act as point of contact for IT-related matters.
- Confer with the Outsourced IT support team /, and project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
How to apply
Nationality of the Applicant is open to all nationalities but preferably from CT6 member countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, and Timor-Leste).
Appointments shall be subject to open competition among nationals of CT6, whether nominated or not by any Party, regardless of race, nationality, gender, mother tongue, religion, beliefs, ethnic or social origin. All candidates/applicants will be subjected to the appointment process and selection criteria.
Further information on the CTI-CFF and the Regional Secretariat is available on the following website CLICK HERE
All applications should include the candidate’s curriculum vitae with references (minimum three references) and contact information (telephone, e-mail). These must be sent to the CTI-CFF and the Regional Secretariat by 16th October 2020.
Application must be sent to email@example.com with the “subject” of the email in the following format:
“< Finance and Operation Manager > - < your name >”. Only those few who are shortlisted would be contacted.