ALERTASIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
The Eijkman-Oxford Clinical Research Unit (EOCRU) in Jakarta opened in 2008 with the signing of a memorandum of understanding between the Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology and the University of Oxford, to conduct collaborative research on infectious diseases impacting the health of Indonesians and residents of other Southeast Asian nations. University of Oxford also has a partnership (MoU) with Universitas Indonesia, and they jointly established the Universities of Indonesia and Oxford Clinical Research Laboratory (IOCRL) which is a facility dedicated to supporting collaborative clinical research between the universities. EOCRU is also part of the Oxford Tropical Network with research units in Africa, Asia, and the UK, and operates under the auspices of the Oxford University Clinical Research Unit in Vietnam.
Clinical trials of chemotherapeutics, diagnostics, and vaccines for tropical infections of public health importance in Indonesia, principally malaria, tuberculosis, antimicrobial resistance, and other emerging and neglected tropical diseases, form the core of EOCRU’s activities, with associated epidemiological, laboratory, and clinical research. EOCRU aims to have a positive and significant impact on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases to improve patient care in Indonesia and the region. This is being achieved via an expanding long-term research program with our local hosts and partners, contributions to research training, and public engagement with science. Current EOCRU core staff includes 3 Oxford-employed expatriate scientists, Indonesian scientists, administrative and finance support staff, and clinical trials support staff.
In conducting their work in Indonesia, EOCRU is assisted by Alliance for Emerging and Re-emerging Disease Threats in Asia Foundation (ALERTAsia), a local foundation assisting in research grant management and capacity building for local researchers.
Through ALERTAsia we are seeking a qualified and experienced Procurement Officer. Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, S/he plays an important supporting role in the conduct of the procurement and purchasing work for the Unit, as well as the contract management and travel management. S/he will be in close coordination with the operations and finance team.
The selected candidate will receive a three months’ contract and, if can show professionalism and work dedication, a possibility to receive a long term contract and remuneration package that includes annual leave, sick leave, THR, optional private medical cover, BPJS Kesehatan, and not to mention fully paid income tax and BPJS Ketenagakerjaan (JAMSOSTEK). The salary shall be competitive and dependent upon qualifications and salary history.
- To manage day-to-day procurement of goods and services processes and purchasing requests made by the team, both at the main office and project sites.
- To provide reviews, proposals/quotations comparison analysis, and other analytical observation and due diligence work of the proposed goods and services.
- To manage, reconcile and update the day-to-day contract management activities and trackers at the main office and project sites.
- To support Operations Manager with the development of Procurement policies and procedures and common practices, including and not limited to: template development, workflow chart, matrixes, procurement plan, etc.
- To ensure that the staff are following the Unit’s Procurement Policies and Procedures and Common Practices.
- To maintain Purchase Order (PO) tracker, including the relevant documentation (such as Purchase Request, Solicitation request document, Proposals and/or Quotations, Technical Evaluation Review sheet, Bid Evaluation Matrix, Negotiation Memo, and Contract Award) and the status of the contract implementation, including auxiliary modules and training, warranties, certifications, etc.
- To manage the team travel management by providing support with travel bookings and maintaining close coordination between travel agents, EOCRU staff, and finance team with travel settlement and reimbursement.
- Bachelor degree in Social Science (not restricted to any other science degree with relevant experience) with a minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience in Procurement/Purchasing and Supply Chain Management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good understanding of Corporate and International Procurement Principles;
- Able to clearly speak and write in Indonesian and English;
- Computer literacy and proficiency;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate a high level of organization skills and attention to details;
- Effective communication, both orally and in writing.
How to Apply
Application requirements (Cover Letter, CV, three names and addresses of professional referees, and your salary history) should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the reference “Procurement Officer” on your email subject.
Please submit your application not later than Sunday, 18 October 2020, 24:00 p.m.