National Support for Local Investment Climates (NSLIC) / National Support for Enhancing Local and Regional Economic Development (NSELRED)
National Support for Local Investment Climates (NSLIC) / National Support for Enhancing Local and Regional Economic Development (NSELRED) Project is undertaken in partnership with the Government of Indonesia through the National Planning Agency (BAPPENAS) with the financial support of the Government of Canada provided through Global Affairs Canada (GAC) with capacity building for improving local investment climates and local economic development in selected Districts in 2 Provinces – Southeast Sulawesi and Gorontalo.
NSLIC / NSELRED Project is currently looking for “RIF ASSISTANT”, Jakarta based.
The purpose of the assignment is to assist the RIF Coordinator in managing the application of Responsive Funds in support of pilot projects to stimulate economic growth in National priority sectors (e.g. agriculture, fisheries, tourism) in the selected economic growth zones designated by the National Government of Indonesia.
- Travel to the selected pilot projects
- RIF Coordinator
- NSLIC / NSELRED Management, consultants/specialists
- RIF Team (consists of relevant National Ministries/Institutions);
- National LRED Stakeholders and Local LRED Stakeholders in pilot project’s areas;
- National and Local Sectoral Governmental Agencies and other sources of technical expertise including academia, institutions, business associations, and NGOs
- Assist RIF Coordinator in managing the application of Responsive Funds in support of economic development in economic growth zones selected by the National Government (RIF Team or previously named RIF Coordination Committee);
- Assist in the preparation of NSLIC/NSELRED Action Plans in support of pilot project implementation;
- Apply RIF’s SOPs with respect to all RIF cycle activities that divided into 8 steps: preparation, dissemination, call for proposals, selection of proposals, approval of proposals, implementation of activities, monitoring and evaluation, and dissemination of results.
- Apply RIF’s Technical Guidelines including a gender equality strategy; environmental sustainability strategies; and good governance principles;
- Follow – up technical supports in the preparation of activity’s implementations such as developing TOR, provide indicative budget, invitation letters etc;
- Assist RIF Coordinator to arrange and coordinate the engagement of National and Local Stakeholders in the pilot projects
- Assist RIF Coordinator to provide a report on technical implementation progress to the Senior LRED Manager and the Project Director;
- Assist RIF Coordinator to monitor the financial aspects of the Fund, including financial reports.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree with a specialization in economic development, regional development, regional planning, local governance reform, or other specialties relevant to the position;
Additional relevant education and/or professional training would be an asset.
- Previous experience working with bilateral or multilateral donors (preferably at least 5 years) in the similar capacity/role
- Experience working with National, Provincial and Local Governments, private sectors, and related stakeholders regarding grants implementation;
- Network of business associations, CSO’s, women’s business associations, MSME’s and Cooperatives;,
- Experience in the grants management for local economic development;
- Field experience working with MSME’s and Cooperatives throughout Indonesia;
- Demonstrated knowledge, gained through experience, of local and regional economic development, public-private partnerships, and development of MSME’s and Cooperatives in Indonesia
- Sound understanding of the importance of civil society participating in local government activities; and
Familiarity with governance relating to MSME’s and Cooperatives in Indonesia.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including knowledge of Ms. PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to work well with people, both government and civil society, from different backgrounds and levels of responsibility.
- Excellent Indonesian speaking and writing skills.
- Maintain open communications with local stakeholders, project partners, and staff.
- Good command of spoken and written English would be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY: To respond to this position, send your CV to email@example.com latest 19 October 2020 Jakarta time with NSLIC/NSELRED Project – RIF Assistant on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.