INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF RED CROSS JOB VACANCIES 2020
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the following position:
COVID-19 Response Manager Indonesia
- Date of issue: 08 October 2020
- Closing date: 15 October 2020
- Duty station: JAKARTA
- Country: INDONESIA
Reporting to IFRC CCST Program Coordinator and with technical supervision of APRO COVID-19 Operation Coordinator, the COVID 19 Response Manager provides operational leadership to ensure to coordination and management of resources required for effective and efficient implementation of the Domestic Response Plan related to Indonesia COVID-19 Operation. S/he will coordinate the operation and managing technical coordination with the PMI COVID-19 Technical National team at NHQ Level.
The Response Manager will work in collaboration with Movement Partners, including PMI NHQ, ICRC, and Partner National Societies, as well as Non-movement coordination mechanism at a country level. The position is based in Jakarta, with travel to some priority areas, where possible.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a strong and productive working relationship with IFRC’s key implementing partner, the Indonesian Red Cross (PMI), to ensure that the implementation and revision of their Domestic Response Plan (DRP) is based on frameworks and approaches that are consistent with national and international standards and guidelines, as well as IFRC policies, procedures and tools.
- Support IFRC COVID-19 operations cell and PMI counterparts in achieving planned outcomes and deliverables under DRP operations through the development of activity plans, budgets, schedules, and reports.
- Based on regular monitoring of plans and budgets and liaison with PMI, work closely with counterparts at PMI and the IFRC COVID-19 cell to initiate revisions to the Domestic Response Plan and associated budget, based on the needs of PMI and the operation, and liaise with the operations coordinator in APRO to seek approval for revisions.
- Coordinate technical support to all areas of the operation including water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), health, risk communication and community engagement (RCCE), communication, information management (IM), national society development, cash and voucher assistance (CVA), and protection gender and inclusion (PGI), liaising with technical focal points at IFRC and PMI regularly to ensure smooth implementation.
- Ensure that IFRC Indonesia COVID-19 operation cell prepare accurate and timely operational analyses, situation updates, monthly operational highlights, and other updates
- Support PMI in the achievement of planned outcomes and deliverables following quality standards, timelines and within budgets.
- Manage operational budgets to ensure that expenditure relating to IFRC-supported emergency operations is within income and approved ceilings, in compliance with IFRC finance procedures, and in line with pledge earmarking requirements.
- Ensure sound financial management is applied to DRP operations, that budgets and pledge deadlines are monitored, any problems are identified, and solutions implemented in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensuring that all supporting legal documents such as project agreements are negotiated, updated, and shared among partners.
- Initiate and coordinate regular meetings with IFRC support and technical staff working on the operation to share information and address emerging issues.
- Work closely with the Program Coordinator and Senior Management Team regarding pledge management to ensure that donors receive timely communications regarding arising issues.
- Be IFRC’s focal point for the COVID-19 operation in Indonesia with donors and partners. Attend regular donor meetings and ensure timely updates on progress are provided to key donors
Work in collaboration with the Programme Coordinator (PC) to develop, implement and review risk register to identified threats in areas of operation; as well as establish operational continuity measures.
- Manage all direct reports actively providing guidance and supporting the implementation of activities under the operation
- Promote a culture of continuous learning, individual and team accountability in operation teams by setting team objectives, monitoring team performance, and conducting timely performance reviews.
National Society Development (NSD)
- In coordination with NSD and PC support the dissemination of IFRC processes, procedures, and standards.
- Ensure dissemination of information related to Principles and rules of RCRC assistance, DREF and Emergency Appeals, Rapid Response Standard Operating Procedures, and Leading Emergency Assessment and Planning (LEAP) to the NS. This includes the design and facilitation of awareness-raising sessions/workshops as required.
- Advocate for the consideration of community engagement and accountability (CEA), protection, gender and inclusion (PGI), and other priorities across all Disaster Response Plan operations.
- In coordination with NSD and PC identify other NSD areas that impacted the overall operation for a strategic solution.
- In coordination with NSD and PC ensure the implementation of the Business Continuity Plan of the National Society.
Coordination and Networking
- With support from the PC facilitate cooperation and coordination on the operation between IFRC’s Regional Office (APRO), PMI, participating National Societies, and ICRC to ensure the most effective mobilization and utilization of resources for emergency response.
- Support the PC and NSD Coordinator to strengthen relationships with partners, including Government, Donors, the Humanitarian Country Team, INGOs, Private Sector, and United Nations. This includes participation in inter-agency coordination mechanisms and forums at a country-level.
Reporting, monitoring, and evaluation
- With support from the PMER unit, actively manage all pledge reporting under the COVID-19 operation, overseeing and coordinating technical inputs from the operations team into reports and ensuring that reports are completed and submitted to the Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) on time.
- With support from PMER, lead on evaluations of the operation including a mid-term evaluation and final evaluation, and oversee the finalization and necessary revisions of a robust monitoring and evaluation framework
- Relevant university education or an equivalent of qualifying experience (10 years)
- Basic Delegates Training Course (BTC) or IMPACT or equivalent knowledge is preferred
- ERU, FACT or RDRT training is preferred
- At least 6 years of emergency/crisis disaster management experience, including managing staff
- Field experience in coordinating disaster and crisis management operations
- At least 3 years of work experience with RC/RC, preferably in Indonesia context is preferred
- Experience in project cycle management including proposal development, budgeting and reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Experienced in result-oriented Movement and External Coordination is preferred
- Experience working with financial systems, preferably have a sound understanding of the IFRC system is preferred
- Working for a humanitarian/non-profit making organization at the local level
Knowledge and Skills
- Effective team and project management skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with peers and partners
- Good analytical skills and solution-oriented
- Good knowledge and relevant work experience in the Indonesian context
- Good mentoring and capacity development skills
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- Strong demonstrable skills and expertise in capacity building in emergencies
- Good skills in training, facilitation, and presentations
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Exceptional organizational ability with an eye for detail
- Self-supporting in computers
- Documentation preparation/presentation and computer-based production skills
- Able to work independently and as part of the team
- Excellent stress management skills
- Demonstrated accountability
- Valid international driving license (manual gears) is preferred
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Fluently spoken and written Bahasa
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic) is preferred
How to apply
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: Indonesia.HRD@ifrc.org
Please indicate on the subject heading: COVID-19 Response Manager Indonesia