UCLG ASPAC JOB VACANCIES 2020
The United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) is a worldwide association of local governments and the officially recognized voice of local governments by the United Nations. UCLG was established on 1 January 2004 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. UCLG is an amalgamation of the International Union of Local Authorities (IULA), United Towns Organisation (UTO), and World Association of the Major Metropolises (METROPOLIS) set up in Ghent (Belgium) in 1913, in Aix-les-Bains (France) in 1957, and in Paris (France) in 1985, respectively.
Following this unification, UCLG ASPAC was established in Taipei on 14 April 2004, as the new entity of IULA ASPAC. UCLG ASPAC’s Secretariat is hosted by Jakarta Provincial Government. UCLG ASPAC is the largest regional section of UCLG. It has linkages to more than 7,000 cities and local governments and represents well over 3.76 billion people – more than half of the world population – and incorporates economically fast-developing countries such as China, India, and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments, and their associations, and facilitates programs, networks, and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and the associations. Moreover, UCLG ASPAC represents local governments politically within the international community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies that safeguard equality, social and economic justice, and sustainable community development.
LOCALISE SDGs Project, financially supported by the European Union and implemented by UCLG ASPAC in cooperation with APEKSI, aims to empower Local Authorities (LAs) and Associations of Local Authorities (ALAs) in Indonesia for enhanced governance and more effective development policies and to promote inclusive and sustainable local development through SDGs attainment. LOCALISE SDGs targets 30 LAs (16 provinces and 14 municipalities) and 5 ALAs (APEKSI, APKASI, APPSI, ADEKSI, and ADKASI).
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has shifted the focus of target LAs to respond to, recover and prevent against the pandemic. From July to December 2020, LOCALISE SDGs will focus its activities to increase awareness of the 30 LAs and 5 ALAs on financing and achieving the SDGs under a New Normal.
UCLG ASPAC is recruiting an Administration Assistant (CONSULTANT) to support the LOCALISE SDGs project under the supervision of the LOCALISE SDGs Project Manager. The Consultant will be responsible for preparing the administrative documents required by LOCALISE SDGs project operation, in close coordination with the HR Division and Finance & Accounting Division of LOCALISE SDGs. He/She will also help with the filing and management of LOCALISE SDGs’s consolidated database as part of the UCLG ASPAC cloud database, and to ensure it is an efficient, effective, and timely up-to-date database. The Assistant will also work to help optimize the use of data through data analysis and reviews for the improvement of the Organisation.
- Carry out the procurement task required to implement the project following UCLG ASPAC procurement procedures.
- To support the financial and administrative requirements and supporting documents during the implementation period of LOCALISE SDGs.
- To do a proper filing for LOCALISE SDGs information and database particularly contact database, beneficiary counting, and program database;
- To support LOCALISE SDGs in accessing, managing, and updating the database system while maintaining information security and privacy settings;
- To support the conduct of LOCALISE SDGs capacity building events and advocacy when needed (note-taking, co-hosting the virtual events)
- To support the project deadline and delivery management for consultants hired by LOCALISE SDGs.
- University degree in business administration, management, or other relevant majors.
- Fresh Graduate or Minimum 1 (one) years of professional experience in developing and/or implementing database platforms;
- Fluency in written and spoken in English.
- Computer skills:
- Proficiency in information and database management system, MS Office (especially Excel), and online video conference platforms.
- Other skills and competency:
- Strong knowledge of operational management and administration
- Service-minded and the ability to coordinate information sharing among various divisions in a large organization;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver outputs within specified/short time frames;
- Strong analytical, communications, and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated detail orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations, and ability to understand and effectively use information and data;
- Ability to work in a team and as an individual.
- Good integrity and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- S/he will be directly supervised by the Programme and Project Division, by the LOCALISE SDGs Project Manager
How to apply:
Please submit your application letter and current CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill the email “Subject” Column of the email in the format : <position applied> – <your name> Closing date: 11th of October 2020 (12.00 noon)
Only the qualified candidate(s) will be contacted.