SOUTH POLE JOB VACANCIES 2020
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all six continents, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems, and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Development team is at the forefront of developing and managing climate mitigation activities. By working closely with project owners and developers as well as their local communities, we manage the complete registration, verification, and evaluation of carbon projects to enable the issuance of emission-reduction certificates, in line with official carbon standards. If you are a smart, ambitious, and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Forestry and Land Use projects are recognized as a key strategy for reducing Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions and as a carbon removal. The implementation of these projects and their subsequent certification under voluntary carbon standards, require the configuration of holistic teams with deep knowledge in forestry, agriculture, social and environmental sciences. Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU) projects are an important topic in the South Pole´s portfolio, especially in tropical regions such as Southeast Asia. To manage our project portfolio in this region effectively and for the support in the identification of new feasible opportunities, we are looking for a professional with the capacities to conduct the management of the full project cycle for AFOLU carbon emission reduction/removals projects. The role of the Senior Project Manager includes the support and management of the team based in Southeast Asia, as well as collaboration with the Global AFOLU team.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead the full carbon cycle project development/management of our portfolio of project in Southeast Asia, in coordination with the Head of AFOLU and the Senior Leads
- Supervise, guide, train, and support and be responsible for the outputs and performance of the Forestry and Land Use team based in Southeast Asia
- Gather, prepare and present information to represent South Pole at meetings with various types of stakeholders as requested
- Adhering to and enforcing were required the implementation of all company and unit policies and procedures with all team members for the implementation of all projects in Southeast Asia AFOLU portfolio
- Define as well as plan content and structure to support the certification of a project: work plans, work schedules (including site visits and implementation activities), budgets, deliverables, and technical reviews
- Supporting the Global Sourcing team through the identification of relevant partners for upcoming opportunities and providing technical advisory for new opportunities
- Collaboration in other worldwide opportunities where her/his expertise is required
- University degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Sustainability, or any climate change and carbon mitigation related fields, a Master’s degree is a plus
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in climate change mitigation/adaptation or related fields
- Thorough functional knowledge or expertise in the field of carbon asset development in AFOLU
- Ability to manage targets and priorities and develop individual and team goals
- Capable of making decisions that focus on the operational aspects and take accountability for it
- Experience in managing a team of mainly early-career dedicated professionals
- Excellent written and oral command of English and at least one Southeast Asian language; conversational capability in other languages is considered a plus
- Advanced network of potential clients, collaborators, or other relevant stakeholders
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find a strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international, and fast-growing organization.