PURPOSE CLIMATE LAB INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
Purpose is Public Benefit Corporation that works around strategy consultancy, a creative agency and social movement incubator, with a headquarter in New York. We work all over the world from Brazil to Nairobi, Sao Paulo to London with a wide range of partners to build and support movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world.
We use public mobilization and storytelling to help the leading organizations, businesses, activists, and philanthropies engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy and powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action and creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will coordinate the on the ground PCL air pollution campaign in Jogja, especially related to government relations and political landscape analysis. This person is going to be the expert and advise the organization on the political and governmental related issues and strategy, as well as implementing it on the day to day activities.
The role is expected to be based in Jogjakarta but doesn’t require in-person work at an office. The salary range for this role is USD $700-1,000/month.
This is a 40 hours per week (full time) contract for November 2020-April 2021 and we anticipate that there will be an opportunity for the suitable applicant for an extension as the campaign grows.
In this role you will:
- Assist with lobbying efforts and steer the policy-driving effort on air pollution campaign in Jogja
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with government officials to achieve the campaign’s objectives
- Perform research and analyze various regulations at regional levels in the area of air pollution-related to clean energy
- Prepare summaries and analyze various legislations and materials obtain from government officials and regulatory members
- Prepare various government strategies in Jogja city and maintain good relations with various city officials
- Analyse and provide operational support to all legislative processes and ensure compliance to public policies and objectives
- Participate and plan various community programs and assist to implement all strategies of the campaign particularly to mobilize the public to sign for petition
- Act as liaison between PCL and the local government and use communications and media relations approaches in the efforts
- Assist in writing compelling policy brief and media op-ed
- Influence opinion leaders to endorse the campaign agenda
We think you will be a successful candidate if you:
- Minimum of 5 years working experience with outstanding knowledge of the legislative and policy process
- Deep understanding of Jogja political landscape and strong relationship with government officials or political figures
- Excellent communication and people skills, and are detail-oriented
- Previous experience with environmental movement/campaign or journalism is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Indonesian and English
- Strong leadership
We think you will be an exceptional candidate if you have:
- A personal commitment to progressive values and interest in the social impact sector
- Flexibility and accountability in time management
- The understanding of or is able to speak Javanese
Purpose is an equal opportunity employer. Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. LGBTQ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE