HIVOS SOUTHEAST ASIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power, and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens, and organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. For its Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
- Title: Consultant Program Manager for Indonesia Domestic Biogas Program
- Duty Station: Jakarta
- Report to: PDM Green Energy
- Duration: 5 months (November 2020 to March 2021)
In Indonesia, Hivos has started the IDBP or known as BIRU (Biogas Rumah) program in 2009 that has built more than 24,000 biodigesters in all over Indonesia since then. The program aimed at the creation of a self-reliant Indonesian biodigester sector, according to a model that was used in several countries in Asia, Africa, and South America. The program has created a tangible biodigester sector in Indonesia with over 40 Construction Partner Organizations, almost 100% locally manufactured appliances with strong collaboration with the Directorate of Bioenergy under the Directorate General of New Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation (DGNREEC) under the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (MEMR).
Ten years have passed since the Indonesia Domestic Biogas Programme (IDBP) initiated, Hivos is currently focused on preparing the program for the withdrawal of ODA by strengthening and hand-over to local biogas foundation Yayasan Rumah Energi, developing the entrepreneurial skills and capacity of biogas MSMEs, preparing the market for the phase-out of subsidies, and strengthening the enabling environment.
The Program Manager will provide senior leadership and be responsible for the overall management including planning, implementing, and monitoring of the Indonesia Domestic Biogas Program or BIRU phase-out-program. The position is Jakarta-based with frequent travel to implementation locations.
Roles and responsibilities
The consultant is expected to:
- To lead and supervise the work of IDBP staff and partner (both in Jakarta and in the regions) including identify and resolve problems as needed and ensure that both performed according to program guidelines, budgets, implementation plans, and targets committed to donors.
- Establish and foster good coordination and positive relationship among stakeholders (government, CSOs, private sector, cooperatives) and maintain a support network for the development of the domestic biogas sector in Indonesia.
- Assist in research, studies, and surveys and evaluation activities.
- Contribute to the efforts of creating an inclusive transformational change in the domestic biogas sector in Indonesia through evidence-based policy influencing the sustainability of the sector to cross-sectoral relevant Ministries; energy, agriculture, environment, village, cooperative.
- Together with DMEL, coordinate production of Program Learning/Knowledge products and dissemination activities for partners and the public.
- Lead biogas Carbon Monitoring, Reporting & Verification activities in cooperation with consultant(s) in the Energy and Agriculture domains, under the Gold Standard certification. Part of this will be the improvement of the IDBP database and an integrated effort to ensure 100% quality control and improved after-sales services.
- Responsibility to develop progress and final narrative report and check financial reports before being submitted timely to donors.
- To ensure a well manage Hivos’ grant-making management system in Osiris and or All Solutions and other project management platforms as required by the donor.
- To roll out new innovative initiatives that are relevant to Hivos renewable energy program development, such as but not limited to expansion of work areas including its fundraising strategy.
- To represent Hivos Southeast Asia in (technical) meetings in Indonesia and other countries when needed.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- A degree in a relevant field (renewable energy, social entrepreneurship, climate change, environment, community development), Master Degree is much preferred.
- An excellent knowledge and experience of program design, management, evaluation, and learning processes
- Profound understanding of the socio-economic aspects, including gender, of development projects.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills including public speaking in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Show successful track record working in and within a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience working on building and implementing strategic policy influencing
- Strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills to effectively interact with donors, civil society organizations, government officials, and community.
- Sound experience in managing partnerships and multi-actor initiatives.
- Good understanding of and strong affinity with civil society, in particular with non-governmental organizations.
- Previous working experience in an international environment/organization would be an advantage.
- Having respect for humanitarian or humanist principles and willing to work in a non- discriminating, neutral, impartial, and gender-equal environment.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally for related events.
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 18 October 2020 with email subject PM IDBP
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.