LINGKAR TEMU KABUPATEN LESTARI JOB VACANCIES 2020
- Program: Lingkar Temu Kabupaten Lestari (LTKL Secretariat)
- Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Position Type: Full-Time Consultant
- Duration: 1 year
Note: Please submit your application through email. No application submitted on Linkedin will be reviewed.
About Lingkar Temu Kabupaten Lestari
The Sustainable Districts Platform (or Lingkar Temu Kabupaten Lestari / “LTKL”) is a membership-based coalition with Kabupaten, represented by Bupati, as its members. LTKL intends to connect the dots and create impactful partnerships towards sustainable jurisdiction focusing on land-use, within and between Kabupaten through innovative convening method. A ‘Sustainable Jurisdiction’ will balance environmental, social, and economic aspects within its policy, planning, and programs with concrete goals to (i) increase GDP of districts, (ii) alleviate poverty, and (iii) moving towards zero deforestation and peat. LTKL is supported by a Partners Network which provides strategic support (in-kind and resources) and guidance to Lingkar Temu Kabupaten Lestari through its national and direct district’s engagement. At this moment, LTKL has 13 districts as the members and 20 organizations as the members. In carrying out its missions, LTKL is supported by a Secretariat Team that is responsible to facilitate, monitor and report on LTKL strategic activities through an integrated platform. It will also be in-charge to conduct strategic research and analysis on building blocks for sustainable land-use.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Financial Officer will assist the Financial Coordinator in all financial matters relating to the implementation of the project. S/he will be mainly responsible for preparing program budget, grant management, and financial reports as required by the donors. The Finance Officer will work closely with the Financial Coordinator and Program Officers in both the preparation and regular reviews of the project budget. The Financial officer will also provide backup to all other donor financed projects as needed and join project implementation to support LTKL as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Financial Coordinator in overseeing and managing all financial tasks, including budget development and forecast; financial planning; cash-flow management; maintaining financial records, and all bank accounts.
- Assist the Financial Coordinator in administering the disbursement of funds within the approved budgetary allocations, in accordance with established regulations and procedures of LTKL.
- Under the supervision of the Financial Coordinator, lead the preparation of payroll statements, allowances, travel claims, petty cash disbursement, and payments to vendors and other claimants.
- Assist the Financial Coordinator in liaising with partner organizations on finance and administrative issues including budgeting and preparing financial reports in accordance with LTKL policies and procedures.
- Provide accounting assistance as required by the organization to support the financial audit process.
- Provide administrative assistance to ensure good financial records and management.
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance or related fields with a minimum of two years of professional experience; a Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is an advantage.
- Proven experience in handling the Finance and grant management for international donor institutions and NGOs.
- Proven experience in handling payroll and taxes.
- Strong financial report-writing skills.
- Proven experience of working with donors and meeting various donor requirements.
- Knowledge of computer applications and financial accounting and its software.
- Fluency in English and the ability to work in a team and independently.
- Willing to travel to Indonesia’s district areas when required.
TERM OF OFFER:
This position is expected to start immediately. The contract duration covers the period of November 2020 – November 2021 with a probation period of 3 months. Extendable based on performance evaluation and program needs.
The Financial Coordinator reports on a daily basis to the Deputy Director.
The Financial Coordinator will be stationed in Jakarta, with travels is necessary based on the needs of the relevant districts.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send the applications for the position before 19 October 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Financial Officer”, which must include (i) a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations, (ii) a detailed curriculum vitae, and (iii) a list of three references and their contacts. No application submitted through Linkedin will be reviewed.