SAVE THE CHILDREN JOB VACANCIES 2020
Finance Officer NTB – (200005WF)
Within Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik financial framework, implement and undertake financial, accounting, cashiering, and support for budgeting activities for program/projects. Moreover, provide support to NTB Office in maintaining efficient financial systems/ records in order to ensure optimum support to field program implementation and operations.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Reports to: NTB Field Manager
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Financial and Budget Management
Manage the payments process of TRANSISI, Pooled Fund, and other new project implementation in NTB related expenditures:
- Make daily cash and wired payments to suppliers ensuring all payments are made in compliance with Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik policies & procedures e.g. they are correctly authorized in accordance with the Scheme of Delegation (SOD), coded per relevant budget lines, are supported by relevant forms and documentation.
- Issuing and monitoring of work floats of cash advances, ensuring they are settled/repaid in a timely manner.
- Provide support and advice to staff on purchase and payment matters, provide coding as required.
Record and review of financial transactions related to program activities and operations.
Entering all transactions into the field Glacoss spreadsheet on a weekly basis, bank account reconciles, and cash counts.
Consolidate and review the monthly Glacoss spreadsheets, prior submission to the Finance Coordinator for review, ensuring that:
- All data fields are complete, codes are valid and formats are correct.
- Expenditures are fully charged in accordance with donor budgets on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with field staff on any queries relating to financial information supplied.
- Periodically create, monitor, and review budget versus actual (BVA) report on each budget item to minimize budget under/overspent. Give input to the budget holder regarding action to be taken if there is any.
Finance document archiving and maintenance:
- Ensure all finance document are properly kept, labeled and archived sequentially on a monthly basis
- Ensure sufficient levels of cash are available according to program/operational needs.
- Assist Budget holders in preparation of budget, cash request, and cash in line with budgetary requirements.
- Submit monthly cash forecasts and cash transfer requests to the Finance Coordinator
- Support Field Manager and Program Coordinator in preparing required financial reports for all related parties both internal and external, in order to ensure the provision of accurate and timely financial information
- Support Field Manager and Program Coordinator in performing budgeting preparation and monitoring activities to ensure the implementation of the budget is in line with Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik policies and guidelines
- Support Field Manager and Program Coordinator in regularly monitoring budget vs actual expenditures (BVA)
- Work with Field Manager, Program Coordinator, and Area Finance Coordinator to ensure that all related financial matters are according and addressing to Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik Key Performance Indicators.
Occasional significant duties:
- Provide other financial and grants management support when required by Area Office and Jakarta Office.
- Liaising with budget holders regarding budgeting, monitoring, and revisions to budgets
contributing to and assisting with process/systems improvements to ensure efficient and effective financial management within an emergency program context.
- Providing support to Finance in Area Office – Kupang with management/other reporting as required.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of improved emergency response policies and practices.
- Conducted other related duties as assigned.
Child Safeguarding Policy Responsibilities
- Support Field Manager and CSP Focal Point in ensuring full compliance of CSP at the district level.
- As a member of staff, understand compliance with CSP and work in coordination with colleagues to comply with CSP.
- In the lead of Field Manager, respond to all CSP concerns expressed or discovered appropriately and effectively.
Emergency Response Management
- Coordinating all related with Financial and Budget Management when responding to any potential emergencies in NTB.
Any other task & responsibilities given by the Supervisor and to comply with Save the Children and Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik’s policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development, and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops, encourages, and documents new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience Background:
- Bachelor degree in finance/accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in finance or related field with INGOs
- Good understanding of the development sector
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good understanding of English
- Good understanding of spreadsheet applications
- Excellent understanding of accounting/finance flows
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems, software, networking, and internet
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good sense of prioritisation
- Conscious about meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently without considerable day to day support
- Good team facilitator and member
- Willingness to travel at times in difficult conditions
- A commitment to high quality of work and efficiency
- Low resistance to change
- Concern for detail
- Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse
- Location: Lombok Utara
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Closing Date: Oct 19, 2020
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE