SAVE THE CHILDREN JOB VACANCIES 2020
MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) Officer
- The Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer will be responsible for ensuring proper design and implementation of the MEAL system, including disseminating results to stakeholders and involving children and community members.
- This post holder will oversee the management of monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning activities. S/he will ensure that MEAL systems are developed and implemented at a high quality and in a timely manner and are in line with YSTC standards.
- S/he will ensure that lessons learned, and accountability mechanisms of implemented programs are documented and shared for improved program intervention quality at Sumba Field Office.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Sumba MEAL Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
- Assist MEAL Coordinator in developing, methodology, procedures, and tools of M&E of Gender Project.
- Assist MEAL Coordinator in developing MEAL planning and provide inputs into regular program planning at Sumba Field Office, ensuring that they are in line with set targets, objectives, and KPI.
- Provide inputs into the regular reporting process of the planned implementation.
- Plan, manage, and report all activities on monitoring and evaluation based on day‐to‐day operational activities.
- Lead or conduct regular monitoring data collection and ensure all monitoring data are well collected.
- Document all relevant data and information, both quantitative and qualitative, regarding the project activities.
- Work with project staff and relevant partners in implementing the MEAL plan and provide support for data collection.
- Design and manage program implementation feedback mechanism system for beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Provide, update data and result of the projects periodically and share with internal staff and partners as requested.
- Input and manage collected data and ensure all data are stored in the database.
- Assist Sumba MEAL Coordinator or program team in baseline and evaluation activities such as end line, and other research studies.
- Organize Knowledge Management for all staff within coordination/collaborative work with Sumba MEAL Coordinator and Program Manager.
- Organize bi-annual and annual meetings of gender project and Sponsorship project internally or externally.
- Provide regular program updates.
- Provide inputs for best practices and case studies development.
- Support other team members in research development and implementation.
- Provide relevant information to contribute to Project Planning or Country Annual Plan and Project Report and Country Annual Report.
- Ensure that the quality of the MEAL framework of the Sumba Field Office is in line with SCI global program and donor requirements.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development, and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future-orientated, thinks strategically, and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members, and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant areas.
- At least 3 years of working experience in MEAL related activities.
- Proven experience in research, monitoring and evaluation, accountability mechanism establishment, and knowledge management.
- Excellent in social and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer literacy skills in related monitoring and evaluation tools, e.g. SPSS; knowledge in other database programs would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to work effectively within set timeframes and with demonstrated impact.
- Proven and demonstrated writing and presentation skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Proven experience of working closely within a team.
- Proven experience working closely within a team.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Independently travel to the field regularly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Additional job responsibilities
- The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experiences.
- Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, or disability
- All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Oct 16, 2020
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE