COUNCIL OF PALM OIL PRODUCING COUNTRIES JOB VACANCIES 2020
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Council of Palm Oil Producing Countries (CPOPC) is an intergovernmental organization for palm oil-producing countries. The Council was established on 21 November 2015, thanks to a genuine awareness of the need for mutual cooperation among palm oil-producing nations.
Indonesia and Malaysia, the world’s biggest palm oil producers, are the founding father of the Council as well as the current members. The Council is now inviting other palm oil-producing countries from Africa, Central America, and Asia-Pacific. The Council seeks to unite the world’s palm oil producers.
Assisting the CPOPC Directors in managing and implementing technical- related activities, especially in planning and managing issues on sustainability and smallholder, liaison with stakeholders; production of technical documents; and preparation and implementation of technical events.
- Develop program on sustainability platform, such as sustainability of palm oil-related to SDGs, developing palm oil sustainability under agriculture sustainability platform.
- Develop a program in which smallholders can receive a better price of FFB.
- Collaborate with governments and partners to elaborate sustainability aspect and facilitate program for smallholder;
- Participate in the drafting of quarterly and annual reports, as well as meeting materials and the minutes of meetings (e.g., Senior Officials Meeting and Ministerial Meeting of CPOPC, and other meetings as required).
- Develop technical materials that include working documents (i.e., reports, presentations, minutes of meetings, translations, and desk-research information) as well as communication contents (i.e., blogs, news, press release, digitals, and letters).
- Participate and assist actively as directed by the CPOPC Directors
- Participate in CPOPC activities on day to day basis.
- University degree or master degree. Advance knowledge and experience with sustainability, ISPO, MSPO, RSPO, and any related areas are an advantage;
- At least 7 years of professional experience in the palm oil sector, in particular with corporate and/or international organization;
- Experienced in assisting the implementation of sustainability standard;
- Strong background in the palm oil market and technical research, reporting;
- Excellent skills in English writing is required;
- Experience in report, articles, and presentations, including collecting data on sustainability and palm oil market research;
- Attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and organized work practices.
Terms and Conditions
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Types of employment: 4 months of probation, with potential extension for permanent staff.
- Location: Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Deadline: 20 October 2020
- Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org