HIVOS SOUTHEAST ASIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power, and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens, and organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. For its Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
- Title: Consultant for Gender & Inclusion Energy Specialist – MENTARI Program
- Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Duration: November to December 2020
Hivos is an international NGO that has worked on renewable energy in Indonesia since 2009, working closely with policymakers, civil society, donors, and the private sector. Hivos primarily focuses on renewable energy access and associated livelihood benefits in remote communities. Together with a consortium of Palladium, Castlerock Consulting & ECA, is currently implementing MENTARI (Menuju Transisi Energi Rendah Karbon Indonesia) Program.
MENTARI is a four-year program funded by the UK Prosperity Fund and managed by British Embassy Jakarta. The program aims to deliver inclusive economic development and poverty reduction, by developing the renewable energy sector in Indonesia to best support disadvantaged communities (with a focus on eastern Indonesia), but also support the scale-up of renewable energy countrywide.
MENTARI will be delivered across the four interlinked strands: 1) Policy, 2) Brokerage, 3) Demonstration Projects, and 4) Collaboration and Networking with Gender and Inclusion (G&I) element that is mainstreamed across all strands, and focus on results that will continuously monitored by the Monitoring, Result, Evaluation and Learning (MREL) function. Together, the activities aim to improve the policy and business environment to accelerate renewable energy uptake, improve access to reliable and affordable energy in eastern Indonesia, improve productive use of energy and support economic development.
In this program, Hivos works on the Demonstration Project, Collaboration and Networking (C&N), and Gender and Inclusion (G&I).
Scope of Work
The G&I Energy Specialist will support the G&I team in integrating gender and social inclusion aspects in MENTARI and shall work closely with G&I Lead and Advisor. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting MENTARI in formulating strategies for the effective inclusion of women and socially excluded groups in the low carbon energy sector.
The roles and responsibilities of the G&I Energy Specialist are including but not limited to:
- Support the G&I team in the development of the brokerage funnel measurements for renewable energy investment.
- Work on identification and design of gender and inclusion aspects in the power sector particularly in on-grid sector and in its procurement framework.
- Support in the strategy analysis and implementation modality based on baseline and feasibility study of off-grid demo project for ensuring social development outcomes at local levels.
- Provide additional support as requested by the G&I team and as required to make the G&I program design customized reflecting the gap and needs for improvement.
Period of Assignment
The consultant is expected to start as soon as possible until December 2020. The assignment period will take place a maximum of 25 (twenty-five) with working days (8 hours/day), and shall be finalized not later than 30 December 2020.
Indicative Deliverables & Timeline
- Support the G&I team in the development of the brokerage funnel measurements for renewable energy investment: Maximum 5 working days until December 2020.
- Work on the identification and design of gender and inclusion aspects in the power sector particularly in the on-grid sector and in its procurement framework: Maximum 10 working days until December 2020.
- Support in the strategy analysis and implementation modality based on baseline and feasibility study of off-grid demo project for ensuring social development outcomes at local levels: Maximum 8 working days until December 2020.
- Additional support as requested by the G&I team and as required to make the G&I program design customized reflecting the gap and needs for improvement: Maximum 2 working days until December 2020.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of Master’s degree in Economics, Business, Sociology, Development Studies, Public Policy, Gender Studies, Social Welfare, Environment, or other related fields
- Solid experience in development projects/programs that focused on providing advice, technical assistance, and or programming around the issues of investment, gender equality and social inclusion, renewable energy, and community development in Indonesia.
- Must have knowledge in the Indonesian power sector and renewable energy investment.
- Possess analytical skills in the planning and management of development programs.
- Experience in working and doing analysis on gender lens investing
- Preference will be given to candidates who have working experience with bi-lateral and/or multilateral development agencies.
- A team player and able to work collaboratively in a team.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 25 October 2020.
Please specify the position name you are applying for GIES MENTARI in the ‘subject’ line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Opened position for national level / Indonesian nationality.