PROJECT HOPE JOB VACANCIES 2020
- Position: Adviser Global Health Security
- Area/ Program: Health System Strengthening
- Location: Jakarta
- Reports To: Country Representatives with close coordination with Project Director (UGM)
- Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
Project HOPE is a global health and humanitarian relief organization, providing lasting solutions to health problems with the mission of placing power in the hands of local health workers to save lives across the globe. Project HOPE is registered as Yayasan (Foundation) in Indonesia.
Project HOPE, in Partnership with Gadjah Mada University (UGM) and Chemonics, are collaborating in supporting the Indonesian Government, primarily the Ministry of Health (MOH), to achieve Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) targets; implement International Health Regulations (IHR) (2005) core competencies; and prevent, detect, and respond to public health threats by targeting activities to strengthen capacity in four core public health areas:
- Real-Time Surveillance and Reporting;
- National Laboratory Systems;
- Workforce Development; and
- Emergency Management and Response.
This project is part of supports to the Healthy People 2030 agenda, goal, and objectives which are:
- Increase the number of public health events of international importance that are monitored and reported
- Increase the number of individuals trained globally to prevent, detect, or respond to public health threats
- Increase the laboratory diagnostic testing capacity, surveillance system, and routine reporting in countries and regionally
In the partnerships, each partner will play specific roles based on its competitive advantages where UGM will be the leader of the partnerships through the duration of the program (2020-2025).
The Adviser will provide strategic leadership and vision in support of GHSA targets and implement IHR core competencies. The purpose of the Adviser is to strengthen capacity in the above following areas ((1) Real-Time Surveillance and Reporting, 2) National Laboratory Systems, 3) Workforce Development, 4) Emergency Management and Response. This position is expected to lead the project in the development, implementation, oversight, and evaluation of programming. Emphasis will be placed on strategic development, resource acquisition, quality improvement, quality control, and staff development with local partners. He/she will support the Project Director (Position under UGM as the lead of the partnerships), in building and develop collaboration with CDC-funded and non-CDC funded programs through multi-sector stakeholder meetings with national and sub-national representation from MOH, MOAg, MOE, other Ministries, universities, NGOs, Provincial and District Level Health Officers and staff from the PHEOC and Crisis Centers. The role also requires the ability to multi-task and handle complex and competing priorities.
- Master degree (with relevant first degree) in health science; Medicines, Pharmacy, or Public Health (Ph.D. would be preferred) from a reputable university.
- Minimum 8 (eight) years of similar experience in the field of Health Science with government, private sector, and/or NGOs or minimum 4 (four) year experience for Ph.D. degree in similar above field of education.
- Excellent organizational, planning, M&E, and coordination skills.
- Technical knowledge, programmatic experiences in implementing International Health Regulations, and managing US CDC and or USAID program will be preferred.
- Prior experience managing a health system strengthening program in collaboration with the Ministry of Health is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrative ability to multitask.
- Strong office program computer skills, literacy in statistical software is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and excellent writing skills.
Application Deadline: The last date for receiving applications is 30 October 2020. However, Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as there is a suitable match. Hence, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest
Application Process: Interested candidates should send a Covering Letter (with expected salary), mentioning the job title in the subject line along with their recent CV as a word/pdf document attachment to email: firstname.lastname@example.org