ISLAMIC RELIEF JOB VACANCIES 2020
About the Organisation:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organization with a presence in over 40 countries around the globe. Islamic Relief Worldwide is a UK based International relief. We have been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which over three billion people still live in poverty.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia was operating since 2003 following the MOU signing with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The objective of IRW in the Indonesia program is to contribute to the social welfare of the Indonesian people and to alleviate the suffering. The main sector for the program include:
- Water and Sanitation
- Sustainable livelihood
- Child Welfare
- Disaster Risk Reduction
The geographical area are Banten, NTB, Aceh, and Central Sulawesi province directly implementing or through partners.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia is looking to recruit a Disaster Risk Reduction Officer (DRR Officer) based in Central Sulawesi- Indonesia.
- The post holder would directly report to the DRR Coordinator in Palu under the overall guidance and supervision of the Country Director.
The DRR Officer will support the DRR Coordinator in the implementation of the project activities in collaboration with Implementing Partners and other relevant stakeholders including community leaders and members in the target areas. The DRR Officer will also organize and coordinate project activities at the community level under guidance from the DRR Coordinator and in consultation with implementing partners, DMA, and community local leaders, including facilitation of various DRR trainings at the government and community level. This position will be based in Palu, with regular travel to Sigi District for implementation of program activities, coordination meetings with related stakeholders and other implementing partners.
- Demonstrate qualities of oral and written communication skills, cultural sensitivity, ability to work in teams, and operate in emergency environments
- Strong analytical, organizational, management, and leadership skills
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), including web-based survey tools
- Good command of Bahasa Indonesia and English both oral and writing
- Experienced in emergency response is preferable
- Graduate degree (S1) in development, social sciences, or related field.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the technical area of DRR, including Community-based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM), and livelihood preferably working experience in international organization.
- Skill and experience in partnership/working with/facilitating local NGO partner
- Strong skills and broad experience in community organizing
- Has strong skills in training facilitation including developing training plan and modules
- Has experience in applying participatory tools and is able to facilitate Focus Group Discussion (FGD), interview, observation, and survey.
Strong interest in development work with respect for confidentiality and commitment to Islamic Relief overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality, and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic Relief’s work.
Islamic Relief is a faith-based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of our field project
How to apply:
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: email@example.com
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
The deadline for submitting applications: 30 October 2020