CDP WORLDWIDE JOB VACANCIES 2020
JOB PURPOSE AND BACKGROUND
Do you want to have a global impact on saving forests? Have you got experience engaging with companies in the supply chains of forest risk commodities?
We are searching for a Corporate Engagement Senior Officer focusing on forests and agriculture for Southeast Asia. As part of an ambitious new global project, this new role will work with companies to help advance jurisdictional approaches towards no-deforestation commodities.
You will work across the Forests, Corporations, and Supply Chain as well as regional teams across CDP to ensure highest impact is achieved, delivering on a range of project outputs, such as engagement with companies, delivery of workshops, and webinars, and contribution to project progress reports and briefings. Reporting to the Forests Manager, you will use your corporate engagement expertise to build awareness in the market regarding jurisdictional approaches.
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Over 8,400 companies and 920 cities, states, and regions disclose their environmental data to CDP. Our platform is one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. By working with institutional investors with assets of US$87 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Support corporate engagement in Southeast Asia regarding forests, agriculture, and land use issues, and specifically jurisdictional approaches towards no-deforestation commodities.
- Lead on development and delivery of project outputs including webinars.
- Assist and support CDP Asia Pacific’s corporate disclosure engagement and capacity building activities.
- Attending regional events and discussions regarding forest and environmental issues including jurisdictional approaches.
- Ensure day to day implementation of the project in accordance with an annual project plan.
- Facilitate internal communication between the members of a global project team to ensure alignment.
- Organize and attend multi-stakeholder dialogue events, workshops, and conferences.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A university degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Economy, Administration, Forestry, Agronomy, or a related subject.
- At least three years of experience in sustainability with the private sector.
- Good knowledge of forest-related issues in Southeast Asia.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is mandatory.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills in English.
- Excellent corporate engagement skills.
- Good understanding of global and regional markets and supply chains.
- The ability to discuss topics with customers of different backgrounds and levels of expertise, for instance, from small companies to global corporate groups.
- The ability to explore environmental issues and deforestation risk management with different types and levels of stakeholders, for instance, with different departments within the same organization (sustainability, procurement, risks, and finance among others).
- Analytical skills, including expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- The ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good knowledge of jurisdictional or landscape approaches
- Post-Grad/MBA or any other specialization will be a plus.
- The ability to spot trends and opportunities as well as focus on details.
- Experience in working with global and international teams.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Competitive salary dependent on experience and location. 24 days’ holiday, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), flexible working opportunities, and other benefits.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in Indonesia.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to email@example.com with ‘Senior Corporate Engagement Officer, Forests ’ followed by your first name and surname in the subject. The deadline is 9 am HK time, October 26, 2020.