ASEAN PARLIAMENTARIANS FOR HUMAN RIGHTS JOB VACANCIES 2020
ASEAN Parliamentarians for Human Rights (APHR) is a regional network of current and former parliamentarians who use their unique positions to advance human rights and democracy in Southeast Asia. We seek to help create a region where people can express themselves without fear, live free from all forms of discrimination and violence, and where development takes place with human rights at the forefront. Our members use their mandate to advocate for human rights inside and outside of parliaments, regionally, and globally. They work closely with civil society, conduct fact-finding missions, and publish recommendations and opinions on the most important issues affecting the region.
Our organization is seeking an experienced and dedicated Finance Manager who will be in charge of the overall financial management and administration of APHR’s programs and operations by ensuring quality, accuracy, and compliance to donor guidelines and the organization’s policies and procedures. The position contributes to achieving the strategic objectives and mandate of APHR in the region.
The Finance Manager will manage the Finance team under the guidance of the Operations Director and Executive Director. She/he will work closely with the Finance Officer to support the effective and efficient management of finance within APHR. This position will be mostly working remotely/online.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Finance Management and Accounting
- Develop and manage financial systems and processes in accordance with APHR’s policies.
- Improve and maintain internal control systems and ensure regular review and updates are made.
- Coach, manage and supervise the finance team including their staff development.
- Track and monitor expenditures and reimbursements.
- Review and ensure compliance with Indonesian tax law and tax reporting.
Finance Reporting and Audit
- Oversee accurate reporting procedures and timely submission of financial reports to donor partners and other requirements.
- Lead the preparation of accurate financial data, analysis, and projections.
- Conduct and coordinate the annual audit exercise.
Budget Management and Monitoring
- Provide direction and coordination of effective budget preparation, monitoring, and management
- Provide advice on budget status, variances and expenditures.
Donor Fund Management
- Review and monitoring of fund disbursements and grant agreements, ensuring compliance with donor requirements and templates.
- Coordinate and respond to donor requests or clarifications on financial reports and other issues.
- Contribute to the development of the APHR Operations Manual.
- Provide timely advice and inputs to staff and partners on finance and budget guidelines and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other related finance fields with seven years of work experience or Master’s degree in the mentioned field with five years of experience. Qualified Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is desired.
- 5-7 years’ experience working in an NGO environment preferably in Indonesia or in any Southeast Asian country. Knowledgeable of Indonesian accounting regulations is preferred.
- Broad understanding to deal with a wide range of financial issues and can keep financial information confidential.
- Good writing and verbal communication in English with good presentation skills.
- Attention to details and strong numeracy skills; strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Advanced experience in the use of computers and Microsoft office programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and knowledge of web-based management systems such as Google Suite and Microsoft Teams is preferred; Experience in the use of Quickbooks as an accounting software is desired.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team; proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Project management experience, including experience working in a multicultural setting.
- Be able to handle challenging and demanding work situations.
Working Conditions / Salary and Benefits
- The Finance Manager will ideally be based in Jakarta, but the location is negotiable for the right candidate.
- This position will be working remotely or online. Some overseas travel may be required to support APHR workshops or conferences.
- APHR offers a competitive salary package with health benefits and social security allowance.
- An initial contract will be for 12 months, with a three-month probationary period.
*Note: If you wish to get a detailed copy of the Terms of Reference, please send an email to email@example.com.
How to apply
Deadline for applications is on Monday, 23 November 2020. Send your CV/resume and cover letter stating your expected salary and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Application: APHR Finance Manager Position”.
Ideally, candidates will be able to begin working on or before 04 January 2021. Kindly note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APHR is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates of all genders from all national, religious, and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.