UNITED STATES AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT JOB VACANCIES 2020
Senior IT Transition and Handover Consultant USAID CEGAH, Jakarta, Indonesia
CEGAH is a 5-year USAID-funded accountability and integrity program that works with a wide range of Indonesian governmental and non-governmental agencies. It is currently scheduled to end in mid-2021. The project is implemented by Management Systems International (MSI).
Approaching its final year of implementation, USAID CEGAH is preparing for the handover of its comprehensive inventory of IT products to the Government of Indonesia. The handover of USAID CEGAH’s IT-related products, such as complaint handling applications and e-learning platforms, is crucial for program sustainability beyond the life of the project. The senior consultant will be tasked to conduct rapid assessments of all the IT products and interventions of the project over the past 5 years, prepare a transition plan, and ensure that all IT products are easily accessible and functional to the Government of Indonesia once they have been handed over. This short-term consultant position is senior level and will be filled by an experienced individual who is an expert in the following fields: software documentation, software development, file distribution, and folder and access sharing.
The consultant will report to the Chief of Party and work closely with several Program Managers/Coordinators at USAID CEGAH.
Scope of Work:
In coordination with the Program and Grants teams, the Senior IT Transition and Handover Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Track all USAID CEGAH deliverables on IT-related products over the past five years, including their various versions of application development.
- Ensure the IT-related products are properly inventoried and organized, and have proper and correct file names, and ordered correctly according to the year and version when those products were created
- Ensure that important reports, various technical documentation, and critical IT support products, such as source codes are all complete, and delivered to authorized government counterparts
- Organize the files, working papers, manuals, and various documentation of all IT-related products and support services, to ensure easy accessibility by government beneficiaries
- Ensure that IT products are properly archived, referenced, and described
- Prepare inventories of all files with all the relevant information such as filename, version, where to access, access code, access period, etc., to ensure full access and use by government beneficiaries
- Create a handover package, containing, among others, a directory structure, a list of all folders, and a description of the folder contents; and facilitate the handover of all IT-related applications, folders, and documents to relevant government beneficiaries.
- Provide technical advice to USAID CEGAH senior management and program teams on relevant matters related to the transition and handover of all IT products to government beneficiaries.
- A detailed work plan to guide implementation of the scope of work of this senior consultant
- A rapid assessment of the status of all IT projects, documentation and activities of CEGAH
- A written assessment of existing IT products and folders, with recommendations for a sustainability plan
- A handover package which contains all relevant materials and documentation to ensure effective handover of all IT products to government beneficiaries.
- List of inventories of relevant folders and a guide on how to access them
- Final report on the conduct of the tasks
- Minimum of three years of proven advanced technical expertise in software documentation and/or software development.
- Familiarity with file distribution, and folder and access sharing.
- Prior experience working with the Government of Indonesia in the production of IT products is desirable
- Native in Bahasa Indonesia, fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and willing to proactively communicate with the program team.
- Ability to work remotely.
Note: This is a locally-hired position and is open to Indonesian citizens. Salary will be based on verifiable salary history. The level of effort will be 30 days to be delivered between November 1, 2020, to May 30, 2021. The engagement will be principally in Jakarta, with no anticipated local travel, and maybe conducted both online and offline.
The application should include a CV and contact information by October 30, 2020, at the latest. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer