INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION JOB VACANCIES 2020
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Reference No: SVN/ID10/2020/043
- Position Title: Programme Assistant I (Health Care)
- Duty Station: Tangerang
- Organization Unit: Migration Health – Health Care Unit
- Classification: General Services, Grade G-4
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term contract for six months with possibility of extension, (the first six months shall be considered as probation period)
- Report to: National Migration Health Officer (NMHO)
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 05 November 2020
Under the direct supervision of the National Migration Health Officer (NMHO) and under overall supervision by HoSO/ Senior Programme Coordinator Central Region Indonesia, he/she will assist in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of Health components in close coordination with the relevant units.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide assistance to NMHO to ensure that all health components of the project are implemented in line with logical frameworks.
- Support monitoring and evaluation health program for asylum seekers/refugees/ irregular migrants under IOM care (IOM beneficiaries) in IDCs and community accommodations in Jakarta and Tangerang area.
- Provide assistance in establishing, maintaining, and monitoring health assistance for IOM beneficiary in IDCs in the Tangerang area and interception sites in the Central Region Indonesia area by providing regular field visitation.
- Liaise with IOM panel health facilities (primary, secondary, and tertiary care facilities) to maintain quality assurance respecting IOM procurement and financial procedures and regulations.
- In close coordination with NMHO, liaise with relevant (health) authorities regarding the health issues of IOM beneficairies including their voice as well as inline within IOM Operations guideline.
- Provide assistance to NMHO, to identifies and make necessary arrangements for health service in IDC, community accomodation, and interception sites with secondary and tertiary care facilities for referral of migrants while respecting IOM procurement and financial procedures and regulations.
- In collaboration with third party primary clinical care providers, ensure that IOM health assistance for beneficiaries adheres to essentials of primary care principles, rational utilization of secondary and tertiary health care.
- Provide support on budget preparation and verifying day to day operational needs in providing primary care-based health service provisions and facilitation for preventive care and accessing secondary and tertiary care services including payment cycle to implementing partners.
- In collaboration with third party primary clinical care providers, ensure that emergency medical referral systems are established in IDCs, community accommodations, and interception sites and efficiently facilitate medical needs in coordination with relevant authorities and IOM Health/Operations staff in the field.
- Provide assistance to NMHO to manage need assessment, and health behavior of irregular migrants on a regular basis and inform NMHO on intervention such as health promotion and other needs on a quarterly basis.
- Support the medical information system by collecting, verifying, and entering data from incoming invoices (from suppliers, and service providers) into the standardized form of data entry file in a timely manner.
- Assist NMHO in health assessment programs such as immigration medical examination, PDMS (Pre-departure Medical Screening), and DHC (Departure Health Check) including preparing medical escorts kits, mobile health assessment Kits, and other medical items, where the system in place.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree from an accredited academic institution in Medical or Health with Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner (equal to nurse profession or S.Kep, Ners for Indonesian) with minimum 2 (two) years experience in clinical practice and/or family medicine (as nurse practitioner, family nurse) with valid STR (Surat Tanda Registrasi); or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Indonesian National with good knowledge and experience in health services;
- Has working experience including in project management, administration, and staff supervision;
- Experience in community development, public health, and psychosocial fields related to the health system;
- Prior experience working in health insurance and health promotion fields are advantages;
- Experience in liaising with governmental as well as national and international institutions preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of structures and functions of district health office and ministry of health;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports;
- Capacity to work effectively, strong strategic and creative thinking harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Proficient in computer applications: Ms-Office.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate, and security clearances.
- IOM applies the local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following CLICK HERE
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum of three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2020/043) as a subject. The deadline for applications is 05 November 2020. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered